Part 39

Lily's pov

I pull out the sweatshirt at the top of the box and my smile instantly grows.
"This is my favourite one!" I say, as I put it on over my pyjamas.
"I know."
I inhale the scent and my eyes flutter closed, "it smells like you."
"I sprayed it." Olivia says, a soft smile on her face, as she watches me.
I look in the box and take out a few things. There's packs of my favourite candy and chocolate, and my favourite sodas. Along with a black box, which I carefully take out and open.
Inside there's a ring.
"No I'm not proposing don't worry." She says, slight amusement in her voice. "But I do want to make you a promise, if you want it?" I nod and she continues.
"I am so in love with you, lily, and I just want to promise you that for as long as we're together I will always treat you right, I'll always be there for you, and I promise to love you until you don't want me to love you anymore, because although we may be pretty young, I see my future with you, and I kind of maybe wanna spend the rest of my life with you. If you'd let me." My eyes are tearing up and I feel a tear roll down my cheek. She sees and quickly raises her hand to turn my face and wipe the tear with her thumb. She keeps eye contact with me, as she speaks. "I used to think love was a difficult thing to understand, but when I look at you I realise it isn't at all. I want to marry you one day, and although I won't propose just yet, maybe a promise ring will do?"
By now the tears are coming fast, and I nod, not quite being able to get my words out yet.
She stands up and takes the box off my lap, putting it on the floor and then taking the smaller ring box and putting it on the bed next to me, before taking my hand and pulling me up. She wraps her arms around my shoulders and hugs me, kissing my head and mumbling "I love you." While I wrap my arms around her and bury my head in her neck. After a while, I pull away and look up at her, and she looks at me with pure adoration.
" so, do you accept my promise?"
I lean up and kiss her, not being able to process my emotions. No person has ever made me feel as special or as loved as she does, and the way I feel about her, is the strongest feeling I've ever felt. And in this moment, my words fail me, and I just hope that this kiss tells her what I can't say. When we pull away I speak, "i think I like the sound of us getting married"
"Yeah? Well I guess I'll have to make that happen then."  She replies, a soft smile on her face.
"You better."
And in that moment, when she leans in to kiss me again, I know that she won't break her promise.

The end..