Chapter 2 (Part I): Approaching Storm

Disclaimer(s): None of the image(s) used in this chapter belongs to me. The Pixiv or Twitter source(s) will be linked underneath each image if available or unless it is from an official source.

Title Source: https://twitter.com/weeiskaw/status/1507587685958905857

Word Count: 5.8k Words

=======================================

Japan - Rin's Home City

The next morning in the Far East was a quiet one, but, nor was it a happy one. Although the winds were somewhat graceful on that day, the air was thick with tension as the gray skies above appeared out of nowhere. Not even the news station could provide an exemplary explanation as to where this unnatural storm had come from.

Y/N sighed and turned off the T.V after listening to the news reporter speaking about "odd tremors" that had shaken the detention center yesterday. His body was still aching after that fiasco.

His groggy E/C-colored eyes looked towards the glass doors on his left, where he could see that it was still dark outside despite it being morning hours. The branches of the cherry blossom in the courtyard remained sturdy in the wind while the beautiful pink petals held on for dear life.

Y/N could feel the weight on his right arm shift about on the couch before returning to their rhythm of silently breathing in through their mouth and out their nose. Their bright medium-length hair, usually tied into a small pink ponytail, was now left untied while the custom-made hair tie they ordered was around their wrist. Sleeping on top of their lap was a lazy, napping pink fox that resonated with their owner's personality.

With a soft hum, the male wondered how he ended up in Gestell's seat on the couch with Rin leaning on his shoulder, using it as a pillow.

Y/N remembered a hand grabbing him and shaking him awake, at least, to a state of minimum consciousness. Then, he remembered the sensation of feeling weightless and groggily waking up to find himself in his current predicament. When he finally opened his eyes, he awoke to see Valda leaning down in front of him, pressing a finger against his lips and silently motioning for him to be quiet with her usual smirk, while Gestell quietly sipped from a cup of coffee that she somehow managed to get her hands on.

"Shh, take care of Rin! We'll be right back with a present for her!" was the last thing Y/N heard from Valda before they were gone in the blink of an eye. And now, he had the "luxury" of keeping Rin company as she blissfully snored quietly, unaware of the change in her "pillow."

"Big Sis... You're the best sister in the whole world..." Rin mumbled in her sleep with a small smile.

Y/N sighed through his nose when he remembered his conversation with Sakura over the phone from the other day and shivered at the thought of meeting her face to face. She did NOT seem like the "best sister" in the world, as Rin put it, and might just end up killing him with her glare alone.

"But... Y/N's also the best... A week ago, he took me to the amusement park in the city on the weekends... We went to the top of the Ferris Wheel and went on all the roller coasters even the one that went super high! I was completely fine afterward, of course!"

Y/N rolled his eyes, vividly remembering Rin holding onto his hand for dear life as the roller coaster went down the drop and crying for half an hour afterward, only being cheered up when he flew above the clouds when it was sunset and distracted by the ethereal sight that someone like her, who had never been on a plane before, has yet to see before in their life.