Part 34: The Station

Well yesterday was the exact one year anniversary of not updating, my best friend decided to read it out loud in public which reignited my desire to continue this-

They decided to use voices too which was interesting but definitely not correct-
Except Toast, they ad-libbed with him in every sentence he said-

Anyways I'm back to perform an AO3 author funny because it's summer and I graduated highschool, I'm more free now-

I'm doing another playthrough of Cry of Fear to remember the events also

************

Toast popped his back. He hated the aftermath of transforming. It always hurt like a bitch.

He could tell some of the others were starting to get tired. He stepped up beside Ghost and quietly told him.

"Let's sit here for a little bit, then keep going," Ghost ordered.

Simon gave a heavy sigh and laid on the floor.

Toast looked at him sympathetically and sat beside him, patting his shoulder.

"I just want to go home..." he said quietly.

"I know, kid..." Toast sighed, "We'll try to get you there..."

Spooker and Colon chatted idly. Ghost stood by, rubbing his temple.

Worry built up in Toast's chest. He stood up and walked over to Ghost.

"You alright, sir...?" he asked softly.

Ghost looked up at him and nodded slowly, "Y-Yeah... Just a headache."

Toast stood by him for the remainder of the break. He kept a close watch on Ghost the whole time.

Once everyone was rested, they continued through the station. They found a locked gate, which seemed to frustrate Ghost a little.

"Do you think there's any way we could access maintenance tunnels?" Toast asked, "Perhaps there's a way to unlock this from there?"

"Maybe..." Simon mumbled.

He led the group back down, looking uneasily at the disgusting limb creature that protruded from the ceiling at the other end of the tracks. They wandered until they found a door that seemed to lead down to the maintenance halls.

Toast felt very uneasy, but it was most likely after effects from the transformation. They dispatched of the creatures that were below, then found a small control room. Toast looked through the switches as Colon set Spooker down to rebandage his wound.

"Looks like the switch won't stay in place for long..." Toast observed, "Sir, could you go back up and hold the door once I open it?"

Ghost seemed very mildly surprised at the request and chuckled, "Wow, asking me to do something for once? I guess I owe you all for everything I've done..."

Toast noticed Simon giving an unsure look and said, "Simon, you could go with him to make sure things don't go awry."

A bit of fear flashed through his eyes, but he quickly composed himself and gave a serious nod.

The two left, and Toast watched the camera for their arrival. After a few minutes, he saw the two, then flipped the switch. The door opened, and Ghost caught the door and held it open.

Colon had just finished Spooker, but before he could pick him back up, Toast knelt down and took Spooker's arm, "I can carry him now. Are you feeling better, chap?"

Spooker gave a big smile and nodded, "Y-Yeah! Thanks!"

Toast got him up onto his back and gave Colon a nod. Colon gave a determined nod in return, and the three headed up to meet the other two.

**************

Hopefully I can keep this going, I've had a lot more energy to write as of late-