Chapter 3

~Skylar's POV~

I dangled helplessly on the edge of the ravine as I hear Jason's footsteps fade away. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

We had been mining when I slipped off the end of a ravine. I had caught myself a few ledges down, and Jason couldn't reach to help me up. We had resolved to him finding someone else to help me up, and now I was alone, clutching the edge of a cliff as if my life depended on it, which it did.

One hand slipped. I knew I wasn't going to be able to pull it back up on the tiny ledge I was on, so I put it to use, breaking blocks to the side of me, in hope of being able to sit or stand rather than hang on the edge of the cliff.

Soon enough I was sitting on sledge I had created, desperately waiting for Jason's return.

~Bluecat's POV~

The boy's head whipped around, wondering who spoke. His eyes landed on me and he hurriedly stood up.

"My friend *pant* trouble *pant* help please!" He said, still out of breath.

'There are more people?' I thought as I said, "Well where are they?"

He gestures for me to follow him as he walks out the door.

~Jason's POV~

I gestured for the girl-who I assumed was Bluecat72- to follow me and I walked out the door, assuming she'd follow.

We walked in silence, every once in a while I'd turn back to make sure she was still following me.

She broke the silence. "So, I never got your name..."

"Jason. My name's Jason. And I should probably tell you where we are going"

"U-huh"

I sighed. "Me and my friend Skylar were mining when she slipped off the edge of a ravine. She caught herself, but was too far down for me to reach, so I decided to go find help."

"So there are more people? I've been in Minecraft for a while, but I've never seen any trace of other people before. Oh, by the way, my name's Bluecat72, but I prefer Bluecat."

Silence.

I see the cave we were in in the distance. "Come on! We're almost there," I say as I start running towards the cave.

•••••••••••••••••••

I didn't know what to name the chapter so I didn't really name it...

I might not be able to update this weekend, I'm going to be gone for a dance competition. But I'll try.

If you feel like it, you can vote or leave feedback. Just, y'know, if you want.

-bluecat72