34.

The dark sky is hidden in clouds, and rain descends in tiny gleam drops of the silver. The moon seemed to peek out as we stood outside from hospital. Daisy cuddled into her coat, shivering a little from the cold air.

"So..." Daisy trails off, inhaling the oxygen for a second. "You left him to do what?"

I scan the area, puffing the cold air. "I had to find the killer. He left another riddle to me."

She nodded, slowly opening her mouth until I continued talking. "It's Tom." 

Daisy's eyes went wide when I said his name; she scoffed in disbelief.

"How he's dead?" she inquired, narrowing her eyes at me.

"I thought he was dead too, but I'm sure pointing a gun at me with his 'dead' body wasn't a joke," I reply sarcastically, yet she took it seriously by the fact he had a gun aimed at me.

"What?" She questioned worryingly, inching closer as she grabbed hold of my arm. "Are you okay?"

I look at her arm until I trail my eyes back on hers, which she quickly releases. "I'm sorry." She mumbles; I shake my head at her response.

"Please do."

Daisy slowly smiles till she stops, knowing I throw her off with my comment.

"Well, what happens now?"

"It's done," I said quietly.

That's the reality now; It's done. Everything is over now that it was Tom all along. The only thing left is to sort everything out, but it isn't my job. Since the police department found all his material in the apartment, they are already investigating and seeing all the material they can use against the D.A. I could get back to fighting against crimes that surround the city of Gotham but also focus on Daisy as well.

Daisy blows a thick air, watching her heels till her eyes dart back up. "It's done?" She questions me, and I nod.

"It's done, Daisy. You're free, and I don't have to protect you any longer." As bad it sounds coming from me, it's the truth.

The silence starts to appear between us, in which I start walking back to the hospital.

"Bruce?" I stopped my track, hearing her call my name, but I didn't bother to look at her, figuring she was already staring at me.

"I forgive you."

Those words manage to calm me down.

Once the sound of her heels taps on the sidewalk, I tilt my head, watching her inch closer to me till her chest slowly presses against mine. And for a moment, everything slows down.

I watch her plump lips before trailing my eyes back to hers. My chest feels weaker than I can imagine, and the heat of my body rises.

The tension between us grows more vital than before. I wrap my arm around her tiny waist until I fully release as I enter my way for a kiss.

My lips instantly met hers. Her soft lips press against mine as I wrap my hand around her throat and gently squeeze it closer. Every small breath I took smelled like roses and Vanilla. I draped both of my arms around Daisy's small frame this time around. My lips get deeper into hers, pulling her further in as I claim the kiss. The smell fills my nostrils to the point of near brain death. She is so close. I could feel her giving in, wrapping her arms around my neck. Adrenaline rushed through me to the point I forgot to breathe for a second, my heart a ticking bomb by now. That's when I enter my pulsing warmth as my tongue conquers the depths of her mouth, hungry to taste her even more. She gives in.

But a loud car honking interrupts the kiss immediately. I slowly bob my head backward from her breath, brushing against my lips. Her beautiful bambi eyes are staring into mine, finding herself gasping for air. My half-closed eyes are now wide open.

I could only manage to say two words.

"Come home."