Chapter 4 ♥️ Chit-Chat

Jevil laughed "But I didn't scare YOU to death, you are alive!" He laughed, putting emphasis on you.

"Ah, you murdered people?" You questioned, not taking the question seriously.

"A jester must do what a jester must do!" A sinister smile remained on his face.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jevil kept laughing while you stayed on the ground catching your breath and being scared "Jevil. That is, as a matter of fact, not the way to make friends" You said, catching air in between every word, trying to ignore what was behind what he said.

"Oh! Apologies, apologies!" He said, raising his hands up as if he was being arrested. Once you composed yourself on the ground you saw Jevil sitting as well. "You are back though!" He said.

"I am, I told you I was going back" You simply answered.

"I'm not used to people fulfilling their promises with me" His smiling face threw you off, you didn't know if you had to feel bad or laugh with him.

"Oh, uhm." You stood there thinking while Jevil looked at you with a toothy smile that destroyed any braveness you had in your body. "So... How's life?" You asked after an uncomfortable silence.

"It's good, good! After all, I'm the only one free!" He said "It's a real risk for me to be talking with such a prisoner like you!" He laughed, you couldn't tell if he actually believed he was the only one free or if he was just messing with you. "And a risk for you to be talking with the only free one" He said mischievously, you stared afraid while Jevil made eye contact with you, or so you figured, his eyes didn't have any pupils, it was just a black void, you could feel it stare back though. It had been a good few seconds when you were going to talk but Jevil interrupted "But it gets boring here" He said with a hand on his forehead dramatically breaking eye contact, his smile fading but it was just adding to the drama. He sighed exaggeratedly, and smiled once more, his hand still on his forehead "But now you're here, here!" Looking at you once more and suddenly falling on his back. "As I've said before, I grow tired of my little freedom my dear Y/N" He said on the floor.

"Yeah, I remember." You said looking at him on the floor. "That speech is hard to forget" You said, chuckling.

"I'm glad I left an impact! Impact!" He said laughing on the floor.

"Jevil..." He made a humming noise in response "How long have you been here?" You asked curious.

Jevil laughed "Well who's keeping count?!" He exclaimed, raising his arms up "Days, weeks, months, years!" He said, counting with his hands as he spoke. "I couldn't count even if I tried, tried!" He sat up all of a sudden "I can't tell when a day ends and one begins!" He said smiling.

"That must suck." You said, you never thought about the fact that this place didn't have a single window. "I'm curious, what do you do here all the time?" You asked.

"Curiosity killed the cat, cat" He said "But if you're willing to run the risk, I enjoy my freedom, freedom! There's much to do here!" You looked inside the cell to see an empty black cell and then looked at him back, confused "You're just not seeing it right, right! If you weren't behind bars, you would see how fun freedom can be, be!"

"Well, you have fun Jevil-" You sighed

"We could have fun together!" He interrupted, his face getting closer to the bars "Do you trust me Y/N?" His smile fading all of a sudden.

"Trust is a... Strong word, Jevil..." You said moving a little back "!" You let out a surprised noise as he grabbed your arm through the bars.

Jevil looked at you with a dead face "Do you trust me?" He asked once more in a monotonous voice, his grasp getting harder on your arm, you pulled back with struggle and got back up, your breathing speeding, Jevil stared at you with the same face from the floor, his arm still out.

You huffed and looked at him, hoping to see the same smiling face he has, somehow, this was even more unsettling than a smile that went from ear to ear. "Jevil." He retracted his arm back into the cell "...How am I supposed to trust you? I just met you! Plus, what the hell are you talking about?!" You said, Jevil looked at you and smiled.

"You are trapped Y/N, you don't know it, you need to trust me so I can show you the truth. You need to let me out so I can show you the truth, truth." He said back to his regular smile. "I know you despise your job" He said laughing "Who wouldn't?" He got back up to be at eye level with you "Slaved away to clean the castle of a selfish King who couldn't care less if you died on his floor" He announced while grabbing the bars "Being given orders by someone who thinks they're much better than you and won't take another opinion from anyone" Your head begun to wonder and you looked at the ground "Being the babysitter of a kid who can't comprehend anything that surrounds him" Your mind was going back and forth, Jevil put a hand on your jaw and made you look back to him, you stared puzzled while he chuckled. "I've served the king before, before. Luckily I wasn't some janitor, but the court jester, jester!" He said happy. "But I knew too much, they locked me here and refused to admit the truth, truth." He said it with a smile on his face but his voice had venom in it.

"So you do realize that you are the one locked?" You asked.

"Physically." He said, his hand still on your jaw.

"But then why do you say we're the ones locked?"

"Because you are!" He said, getting you closer to him "If the King wasn't the true fool and cared about his kingdom he would've believed me! If Rouxls didn't think he was everyone's leader he would've taken my word honestly, but a jester is none to trust, he wouldn't talk with such low scum, scum, his pride was too good to allow a joker bend his rules, rules." Jevil spoke angry but his smile remained, his grasp was getting stronger on your jaw.

"Jevil-"

"BUT THE JOKER BENDS, CHANGES AND BREAKS THE RULES, IT'S HIS PART TO PLAY! PLAY!" He screamed, your faces centimeters away, you stayed like that for a few seconds, slowly Jevil's smile got smaller and he let you go "Sorry..." He said getting back, you moved your jaw as it hurt from his strong grasp. "We're all supposed to follow the rules, but Rouxls will never follow others." He said. You understood better what happened here, Rouxls would never believe some jester, especially Jevil, considering his sense of humour and way of being. Besides, god knows what 'truth' he is referring to, he sounds insane just speaking about a normal subject, you wouldn't want to imagine what he would sound like talking about some 'truth' that no one except him knew.

Jevil was now a few steps into the cell, away from you, but still staring at you with a little smile "It-It's fine Jevil" You said with a weak laugh "I-I get it. Well, no, I have no idea about what you're talking about." You heard a faint laugh "But, if I understood what you said, which I think I did? I can see where you're coming from" You said "Rouxls' an imbecile'' You said simply, you heard Jevil laugh "I guess my life kinda sucks but hey, um... Nah, it just sucks." You said while trying to think about something good, you heard footsteps getting closer "I have uh..." You said looking around eventually locking eyes with Jevil who was now back near the bars. "You!" You said smiling.

Jevil blinked a few times before bursting out laughing "You're desperate! Desperate!"

"Hey! I'm not the one behind bars!" You laughed back.