Chapter 17

His Snowflake

His Snowflake

TW: Violence

MY HEART WAS MELTING at the way he was staring at me right now. He looked at me like I was the last person on earth and I loved it. He sat on the toilet seat as he watched me get ready for the day, including him questioning everything I did and telling me to be careful with every brushstroke of mascara I put on.

"What does that d-"

"It's a beauty blender" I took out my extra beauty blender and tossed it to him "It blends your makeup"

He looks at it carefully as if it'd hurt him, "I don't like it"

"You don't like anything"

"Except you and my kids" He smiled at me and stood up to hug me from behind "When are you going to be done?"

"I'm almost finished" I patted some lipstick on my lips before looking into the mirror, straight into Roman's neck. A laugh made its way out of me.

"What?" He looked at me confused until he looked at what I was looking at "Would you look at that...I love it, Snowflake"

"Why do you call me that?" I looked at his green eyes through the mirror.

"Snowflakes resemble rebirth, they're also a suitable symbol for new beginnings" He placed a kiss on my neck and smiled at me again almost making my knees go out.

"You always know what to say" I brought his face closer and pressed a long kiss to him "But we need to talk"

His face goes serious, "What about?"

"Your mother wouldn't approve of us, we need to...pretend...that nothing is happening between us" A frown appeared on his face.

"But why can't we just tell her? I'll make sure she won't do anything to you or your mother"

"She's capable of anything, Roman. Plus she thinks I'm going to hurt you so she'll do anything to separate us" I tensed up at my words and just put all my makeup away.

"Are you?" He looks at me as I look at him confused "I mean hurt me, Are you going to?"

I fully turn to him holding his face in my hands, "Not in a million years"

"Good" He embraced me one more time and makes his way out of the bathroom where I follow and make my way back into the room.

"I don't know how I'm going to do this, I can't just pretend I don't care about you" I felt the same way. I wouldn't be able to even pretend that I hated him.

I gave him one last long kiss before I exited the room and went into my cold demeanor again. The cold demeanor only he was able to melt.

"I'm so glad that you're okay!" Brendan hugged me as soon as I went downstairs and reached the kitchen. He placed a bowl of cereal in front of me.