Family Party

summary: on the journey to your aunt's birthday party, you can't wait to reunite with several of your family members, if only the same could be said for the first timer in the car beside you

Your eyes looked across once again to see Taehyung staring out of the window of your car, handing tapping nervously against the top of the door as he familiarised himself with the streets that made up your hometown.

"How are you feeling? We're nearly there now." You whispered across to him, watching his panicked eyes turn to look at you.

"That just worries me even more."

The last thing that Taehyung wanted to do was ruin your family party, if people didn't like him, he didn't know what he'd do, despite you assuring him several times that all of your family members were looking forward to seeing him.

"What can I do to make sure I set a good first impression?" He then asked you, forgetting all of the things you'd told him as a result of your nerves.

Your eyes came off of the road to glance across at Taehyung again, "the best bit of advice I can give you to do that is just be yourself. Say hello, that's it."

You made it sound so simple, excited to finally reunite with most of your family after spending most of the year in Seoul, finally able to give Taehyung a taste of how anxious you were when you met his family for the first time.

"Why does saying hello suddenly seem so challenging?" Taehyung laughed, resting his hand over the top of yours.

Your head shook at how nervous he was, chuckling slightly at him, "you'll be fine, you're just worrying, I know what you're like."

"This is a huge deal," Taehyung sighed, "now I get how you feel."

"The biggest thing you've got to worry about today is my niece cornering you and asking you an endless number of questions about BTS," you encouraged, "she's been counting down the days to you coming."

"So, your family are fans of mine too?" Taehyung exasperated, "now I really have got to make sure that I live up to expectations."

"Just my niece," you promised, "but she's intense, it'll be like meeting fifty fans meeting her."

"At least that's one person I know that I'll give a good first impression too," Taehyung joked as he tried to calm himself down, "do you reckon she'll give me a character reference for everyone else?"

"You don't need one, they'll love you," you assured him once again.

"I really hope you're right; I don't want your family to dislike me," he sighed, staring out of the window again, "your hometown is beautiful, I'm sure that your family will be too."

"My family is trouble; you're going to fit right in."