Chapter Nineteen

The story didn't seem to surprise Bonnie that much. He just shrugged and said, "Okay."
Realization hit Chica so hard that she fell off the couch. "Oh my goodness, you guys. We have to recharge!"
"Oh yeah. True," Roxy nodded slightly. 
Chica jumped to her feet. "Roxy, Monty, Uhm... Bonnie do you need to recharge?"

Bonnie shook his head but stood up. I'll come with you guys anyway. You know, moral support or something like that."
Chica nodded. "Alright, guys, let's go. Gregory and Sun, you two stay in here."
Sun gave her a thumbs up before the four animatronics went out to go find charging stations. 

Gregory looked up at Sun. "Do you not need to charge?"
Sun glanced at him and hesitated. "It's... complicated?"
Gregory shrugged. "Alright."

Silence. "So... what do you want to talk about?"
Sun thought for a moment before smiling slyly. "Do you want to know Moon's secret? Ohh goodness, he's practically screaming at me inside my head not to!"
Gregory nodded quickly. "Yes yes yes yes yes yes YES. PLEASE."
"Okay, brace yourself," Sun joked. 

"I'm ready," Gregory rubbed his hands together, eager to hear. 
Sun cleared his throat and leaned in to whisper in his ear. "Moon was worried about you."
Gregory crossed his arms. "No way. That's not true. You're lying." 

Sun nodded. "It's true! I am not lying."
Gregory laughed and Sun smiled. "Tell him I said thanks," Gregory responded softly.
Moon was shooketh. Sun laughed. "He's frozen. But his thoughts are racing. He's really mad at me!"
Gregory laughed along with him. Once the two had settled down a bit, Gregory yawned. "Do you need to recharge too?" Sun asked, noticing how tired he seemed.
But Gregory shook his head. "I'm fine. I want to know more about you. What do you do in the daycare?" 

Sun's eyes clouded and he looked down. "Well, not much. I was just there to watch over the kids."
"Not much?" Gregory thought for a moment. "But they're kids. Didn't you play with them?"
Sun shook his head sadly. "The kids... they were too scared to go near me. They just played with each other. That's why I was so excited when I met you. You were the first person I've talked to since... well, I can't exactly remember when."

Gregory hugged Sun's arm. "I'm so sorry that happened to you, Sun." 
Sun patted his head. "Don't worry about it. I have you now, Gregory."
The two exchanged a smile and sat in silence for a while. "Gregory, I'll keep you safe, I promise," Sun spoke gently. 
Silence. Sun glanced down at Gregory. His eyes were closed and his breathing had slowed. Sun let out a small sigh and closed his eyes as well. Even if he couldn't sleep, he'd sit there, waiting, while smiling at all the core memories he'd made.