Chptr 1: My first step in SEOUL

"Unni. Yeah, I'm okay. uh-huh. I understand, don't worry. I'll be fine. Okay Bye. Thanks!"

I ended the call and let out a deep sigh. That was Kyoung-Eun Unni. She was supposed to pick me up here in the airport but something came up and her boss didn't let her leave their office.

The plane where I rode from California to Seoul landed half an hour ago. I'm an Asian but my family moved in California. This is my first time here in Korea and I'm going to stay here for a couple of months for vacation.

'Great. Now, I guess I have to find my way to Unni's apartment myself'

I pulled my large suitcase, picked up my shoulder bag and started making my way out of the airport.

As I step outside, a cold wind welcomed me bringing chills to my body. I pulled my jacket tighter and looked around the busy streets of Seoul. Though the weather is cold, seeing this commercial buildings and people walking around makes me wanna stroll for a bit before heading home.

'Coffee will put me in a good mood before wandering'. I walked to the nearest coffeeshop and made myself cozy. After I told my order to the waitress, I sat back on the couch, then I heard my message alert tone. A text from Kyoung-Eun Unni.

Jaei, where are you now? Are you alright? Just give me a call when you need something. Let me know if you arrived home already. TAKE CARE^^

I smiled and replied to her message. Unni is my close friend for over a year but this is the first time that we'll be meeting each other in person. I met her at a Korean language learning forum. I was learning korean then and she happened to be a teacher in that forum. I ask a lot of questions and she saw that i really have interest on learning korean language so she tutored me online. That's how we started to get close. Now, I can speak in korean, not as fluent as traditional speakers but just enough to survive in everyday conversations.

Not long after my order had been placed in front of me, my phone rang.

"Unni. I told you I'm here in a coffee shop. I decided to walk around before going home"

"Oh! Right timing. Can you do me a favor? I was planning to buy an anniversarry present for HyunWoo after I fetch you in the airport but you know I couldn't come and my boss is going crazy right now i think he won't let us off until we're all asleep here."

I did some remembering for a while. "Oh yeah, HyunWoo-ssi. I know him. So you're asking me to buy the gift instead? Wait. How would I know what he likes. I barely know him personally."

I heard Unni chuckled. "My dear. I believe you have a sense for this. I know you can pick the best present. Now, I have to leave. We're quite busy here in the office. BYE!"

*sigh* How would I know what stuffs will please a korean guy? I haven't even met one yet!

After a few minutes and some thinking, I'm now walking inside a mall just a couple of blocks away from the coffee shop I have been. I looked around hoping to get ideas on what to buy for Unni's boyfriend. I decided to walk in a quite big shop where I saw some nice clothes from the outside and headed to the Men's section. There weren't a lot of people there so I got a chance to examine each and every rack to find something nice enough to buy until a nice coat hanging not far away from me caught my attention. It was nice and look classy. A black, fitted-cut coat. I saw this kind of coats mostly in K-pop music events. I came closer to have a better view. I already saw HyunWoo on a photo and the way I see it he's tall and has a good body shape. I took the coat hold it up in front of me and looked at it.

'I think it would look nice on him. I'll get this one and problems are already solved."

I was about to take the coat to the cashier when a thought suddenly stopped me. 'Hey wait. The size! What's his size?! What if this doesn't fit to him. That would be a big problem. The size is very important because the coat has to be slightly body fitted or else it'll look sloppy. I thought my worries are all gone after I found the coat but obviously, I'm wrong. I decided to call Unni to ask about the size but she won't pick up. I guess he's boss has gone mad and histerical so she can't even answer a call.