Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Maddie

Watching Cameron make these little kid's days made me fall in love with him all over again. He was so good with them. This one kid Tyler, who was nine, made an arts and crafts project in the hospital to give to him. It was a tiny origami airplane, and Cam seemed to be speechless, blinking away tears as he took a picture with him.

I made sure to stand to the side to let the kids have one on one time with him, dabbing repeatedly with tissue to capture tears of my own. I'm so damn proud of Cam and everything that he's accomplished. He's living out everything he's ever dreamed of, and it makes my heart grow twice the size.

Cam is still holding the tiny plane when the meet and greets are done, shaking it gently to show it off as he approaches me. "Best part of the job," he says, and I can tell he truly means it. "It makes me miss Iz."

I picture Izzy's chubby little cheeks, her hands stretched out to me like they always seem to do. "I miss her too. We should face time her when we get back in the car. Hopefully, she's not asleep yet."

He takes my hand and sends me a sideways grin. "There's a side entrance by the way that I found out about," he tells me. "No paparazzi."

I'm desperate to leave and go home with him. After tonight's events, I'm drained, but it doesn't surprise me when we run into Katie again. She's tiny and cute, and as always I can't help but compare myself to her. After she called me fat all those years ago it still seems to linger in my head. I was told never to use this word growing up, but I hate the girl. I despise her. She ruined everything between Cam and me to the point where we weren't sure if we'd be able to fix things. We still aren't sure.

We both try to ignore her, but she strolls right over and puts her hand on Cam's arm. I narrow my eyes intensely, relaxing slightly when he pulls out of her grasp.

"I don't know how I forgot to mention it earlier..." she trails off mischievously. "But I couldn't leave without saying congratulations on the baby."

Maddie, calm down. I inwardly say. Control yourself.

"Are you sure she's yours?" She asks.

Just like that, all of the anger that's been circulating through my body settles into a horrifyingly calm manner. I'm not shaking, I'm not outraged, instead I just gently reach up to take out one of my diamond earrings.

Cam isn't saying anything at first, mainly because I think he knows I've reached my breaking point. He instantly turns towards me though after he sees what I'm doing, panic striking his face. "Mads, she's not worth it," he repeats. "Come on, our car is almost here."

I don't listen to him as I take out my other earring, slapping them both down into Cam's large palm. Almost instantly the expression on Katie's face has changed, her once smug grin beginning to falter.

"What?" I laugh. "Cat's got your tongue now?"

This is a private exit. There's no paparazzi around, and before I even think twice about it I lunge towards her, my fist colliding with her jaw. I hear her shriek out in pain, a gasp emitting from her mouth as her hand flies to the spot that I just hit.

There are other famous people around, and I'm sure they all think I'm a crazy bitch, but this girl has had it coming for a long time. She almost ruined our lives, and I'm not just going to let her get away with it.