Chapter One

Knock.Knock.

Sakura Haruno stood up from the table and walked towards the front door of her apartment. Who on earth would visit me this early in the morning? As she passed by her living room, she glanced at the magenta-colored wall clock rested there. 6:30 am. A low grunt escaped from her perfectly pink lips as she stood in front of the closed door. Taking a deep breathe, she composed herself before opening the door.

But who she saw wasn't what she was expecting nor thought would be possible anymore since what happened five months ago.

"Sasuke."

There the nineteen-year-old boy stood. Face emotionless as usual. He was wearing his usual blue jeans and gray T-shirt, that looked, at least to the pinkette, attractive nonetheless.

She could slowly feel her cheeks heating up.

"Hn."

"Uh.. Come in."

She opened the door wider and motioned for him to enter. He did what he was offered and gracefully sat down on her black sofa. Sakura Haruno took in a deep breathe, once again, to clear her mind. She couldn't barely believe it!

After five months of crying herself to sleep and mending her broken heart, now here Sasuke is; sitting conveniently on her sofa.

She inwardly fangirled. Because even she, herself knew that some part of her just couldn't move on when they broke up. She tried her best to forget about him, but unfortunately she forgot why she needed to whenever she did. Stupid, yes. But, you can't blame her if they had a three-year relationship now can you? Exactly.

She thought they were going strong, but as time passed, she realized that he was slowly drifting away from her. And on the day of their third anniversary...it happened.

That story, will be saved for another chapter.

And so, she smiled her brightest with a hint of bitterness, of course, at him. Seeing him, just brings back sa many memories that it drowned her with full passion.

"Ah.. do you want something to eat? Coffee perhaps?"

Their eyes met the moment he looked at her. "Just coffee."

She nodded once and shifted her gaze to another direction as she practically ran back to the kitchen. She doesn't want to feel weak around him again, but her body just disobeys her sometimes to the point that she looked like an idiot.

That's what you get for falling in love.

She lectured herself and finally stirred the black coffee. She then walked back to the living room where she saw her guest holding up a frame and...

"Oh, hell no." She murmured and hurriedly placed the cup down on the center table and snatched the framed photo from his hands. She was blushing of embarrassment now. But Sasuke smirked and shook his head before letting out a chuckle that was melody to her ears.

"Hahahaha.. So, you still keep that, huh?"

She avoided eye contact and hid the picture behind her back. "W-What are you talking about?" Taking a sip from his coffee, he answered her question, "You don't have to play stupid, you know."

That got her.

She sighed and sat down on the seat across of him. Placing the picture face down on the small table. But of course, she know exactly what he was talking about. It was the picture taken during their first anniversary at a town's festival in Suna. The picture shows Sasuke, hugging her from behind with a genuine smile on their faces. A rare sight for an Uchiha. And maybe, that was the reason why she still kept that piece of past.

They were so in love that time.

Making her wonder, "What are you doing here anyway?" she eyed him closely, determined to move on after this. Though knowing that fact that she'll take forever to get over her first boyfriend.

Sasuke placed the empty cup down and gave her a hard look.

"Look, I don't want to waste any more of our time, so let's get his straight.. You, Sakura Haruno, will be my matchmaker."

He said so casually that the word 'casual' will be ashamed of itself.

And upon hearing those words, Sakura's eyes sized of that of saucers. She felt herself choke on air for a moment before she finally recovered from the state of shock. Her mind, still processing what he said.

"M-Matchmaker? What the heck Uchiha?"

And this time, it was the raven who gave of a heavy sigh. "Me and Karin broke up. I need to move on from her and find a girl I can be busy with. I need someone to toy with until I get her pretty face out of my mind." Sakura wanted to snort, so badly. So, they broke up? That, my friend, is what I call the art of KARMA. And wait? Me? A matchmaker.. for him? This is impossible.

She shot him an angry look.

"Why the heck would I be your matchmaker?!"

For the nth time that morning, the cold one smirked. "Because, if you don't, I'll just have to talk to the principal and tell them that you can no longer be a scholar this semester. They will kick you out, and you know very well what might happen to you after."

Oh no..

She paled and froze on the spot.

And to clear things out, Sasuke Uchiha is none other than the only child of the owner of Uchiha State Academy or USA. And because his father spoiled him so much after his mother died five years ago, he entrusted Sasuke the whole Academy, doing whatever he wanted alongside with his uncle, Tobi Uchiha.

And yes, Sakura is a scholar there and USA is the same school they are studying at.

She couldn't afford to loose that scholarship. Darn it! He knows that my mom is sick and dad can't find a decent work! She was being blackmailed, in short. She thought about it for a moment and soon enough, gave him a nasty look that would've haunted him in his dreams if he weren't Sasuke.

"You little jerk.. Fine!"

She was boiling in the inside, but he kept his calm and leaned back on the sofa. "Good then. Oh, and by the way, I shall only give you three tries. If you fail to find me a new girlfriend, expect to be studying at a dumpsite."

She wanted to punch him so badly, if it weren't for her own scholarship at risk. She took in a deep breathe, and exhaled loudly. I guess, I have no other choice then. She thought and saw her ex stood up from the sofa, heading towards the door. Hesitantly, she jolted on her feet and asked that question that was playing inside her head for a few minutes now.

"Wait.."

"Hn?" He turned his head to look at her, his hand already on the doorknob. Sakura gave him a determined look before she asked,

"Why me?"

She wanted to know why her exactly. She is his ex-girlfriend, and now he comes in asking ---or rather blackamaling-- her to be his matchmaker to find a girl for him im order to get his mind off Karin, the slut he replaced her with? Wasn't this too much? Her broken heart is now breaking even more. But as expected, Sasuke Uchiha only gave an amused look and answered,

"Simple. Because, aside from Karin, you are my ex. Meaning, of all girls, you know me better and what I want for a girlfriend. Ciao."

And then, he left.