Chapter 19 - Nightmare

"I hate you Pratap. You betrayed me in the worst way possible. Hereafter we will not have any kind of relationship", Anamika said to which Pratap replied in a pleading tone, "Please Anamika. I don't know why I did that but please give me a second chance. I will find a solution and will never betray you again. I'm sorry". But Anamika didn't listened to his pleas as she have had it enough. Getting cheated is the last straw for her.

"NO", Pratap shouted and woke up from his dream. Immediately he drank water and realised that he is still in his own chamber but in the bed. As far as he remembers, he was doing work in the bed with a work table on it then how come he is sleeping so comfortably?  He got up to go towards Anamika's chamber as he should have gone for dinner.

When he reached her chamber, he calmed himself down and opened the door slowly while the guards moved aside. He can see that Anamika is sleeping soundly on her bed. He went near her and covered her properly. His dream has created an unknown fear in him which didn't help him to sleep. So he took a seat in the couch and simply kept looking at his wife while his mind is making various conclusions about his dream.

Soon it was morning and Anamika stirred in her sleep, indicating that she is waking up. First thing she sees is her husband who is blankly staring at the ceiling with reddish eyes indicating that he has not slept. Slowly she sat up on the bed and tried to get down the bed when Pratap came out of his thinking and came to help her.

When they both settled down on the bed, Anamika asked, "When did you come here? And why are you looking like you haven't slept?". Anamika was caressing his face while asking this and simultaneously checking his health. Pratap without answering her questions, asked her back, "Why didn't you wake me up yesterday when you came to my chamber? You know that we are keeping our enemies closer and you may not be able to handle that single-handedly in this situation". He knows that she is the one who must have covered him properly and let him sleep in his chamber because she wouldn't simply leave him if he didn't come to check on her.

Anamika replied, "You were working too much lately because of the upcoming war expedition and also my delivery. And along with that you were helping me in cooking as well as take care of me. So you needed the rest which is why I didn't wake you up". Even after that Pratap was still restless which Anamika noticed and probed further.

"What is bothering you Pratap? Tell me truthfully", Anamika asked him. Pratap thought for a bit and told her, "It was a bad dream, actually a nightmare. You were so angry on me that you decided to leave me forever. I couldn't digest this even if it's a mere dream". He purposely didn't tell her about the betrayal thing because he thought that she would get tensed unnecessarily. Although a bit surprised, Anamika smiled sadly thinking about her previous lifetime and the difference now.

Without indulging more into her thoughts, Anamika said, "It's just a dream Pratap. Don't think more about it. Should I assure you that I won't leave you?". To which Pratap replied, "No Anamika. You have all the rights to leave me if I do some unforgivable or unforgettable mistake.  So I won't ask you for that. But hereafter I have to be extra careful about the enemies as it may not be just physical attack".

To stop his over thinking mind, Pratap started to get ready for the day, going against Anamika who insisted him to get rest.

Flashback (The previous evening) :

After Pratap went back to his chamber letting Anamika to sleep, the kitchen maid Mohini kept a scroll in the hidden box like shelf in the wall. Later Kamala picked that scroll without anyone's notice and learned that Meenavathi had asked for further steps of their plan and she also has a plan of her own. Now she has to convey all this to Anamika as soon as possible.

Kamala came to Anamika's chamber and came to know that she is taking rest. So she waited for her Bahuranisa to wake up. By the time she woke up, it was almost dinner time and before she gets on to cooking, Kamala informed her about the message she got. Although Anamika knew about Meenavathi's intentions, it came as a surprise that the latter is speeding up her plans. "Seems like I have to finish the game soon. May be my babies need a clean environment", Anamika said while caressing her belly.

Soon Anamika had guests who came late for the ceremony and wanted to congratulate her. As Ranisa got to know through the maids that Anamika had waken up, she immediately brought Meenavathi and Saudamini to meet Anamika.

Anamika was stunned for a minute seeing Saudamini, as she didn't expect her. But she quickly composed herself and greeted them. They just congratulated her while Saudamini was feeling awkward. Soon they left from there as it was already dinner time. After they left, Anamika felt relieved as if she was suffocated till now. It just showed her that her enemies are one step ahead right now.

She still doesn't know whether Pratap had seen Saudamini or not. Or whether he felt anything for her. But according to what she has seen in her previous lifetime, it was nothing with first sight, neither love nor attraction. So she has to wait and see what will pratap do, now that he doesn't have any compulsion.

With that thought in mind, she went to Pratap's chamber to check on him as he didn't come till now for dinner. As she saw him sleeping, she took away the work table with the help of guards and pulled a blanket on him. Before leaving from there, she thought while looking at him, "Every love will be tested. And You failed the test last time Pratap. Hope you won't disappoint me this time. Otherwise my decisions will be harsh even if I have to go against the rules of the royals. I cannot live the same life once again. Let's just hope for the best". She kissed his forehead and left from there.

Flashback over(Present time)

Once Pratap left for the court, Anamika gathered information about the guests through Kamala and got to know that Saudamini is living in the room beside Pratap's chamber. But she decided to not do anything regarding that, and let Saudamini play her game. And if it goes overboard as in tricking Pratap then Anamika has to take the matter into her own hands. Pratap's reaction to his nightmare which actually coincided with her thoughts yesterday, made her believe him this time. Till then she will take care of her so called mother, who doesn't even deserved to be called one after killing her first child.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Once again sorry for the late update.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.