21.

Y/N

It was around almost midnight as I was getting ready to leave Sam's house to go to my Hotel for the night. "You want me to ride with you to make sure you get there safe?" Bucky asked as I laughed. "You're going to take a cab with me to the hotel just to take a cab back here?" I asked. "It's a quarter til midnight, it's late" Bucky said as I just looked at him. "You can always use the rental car Bucky" we heard Tiffany say as we looked over at her. Tiffany just smiled big handing Bucky the keys as I just shook my head.

Bucky took the keys from her and nodded his head towards the door as I followed him and looked back at Tiffany. Tiffany just had a big kool aid smile on her face as I walked out the house behind Bucky. He opens the passengers side door for me as I got in and he then closed it. Bucky then got in into the drivers seat. "Put your seat belt on" he instructed as I did as told. "Do you even know how to drive a car old man?" I teasingly asked. "Doll If I can fly a helicopter, I can drive a car" he assured as I placed my hands up some. "Excuse me" I simply said hearing him chuckle as he backed the car up and drove off.

"After our mission I finally realized why Sam gave the shield up" Bucky brought up. "Why?" I asked looking over at him. I already knew the reasoning for him giving up the shield but I wanted Bucky to tell me for himself What he noticed. "That shield already is" Bucky started off as I nodded "a lot" I answered as he agreed. "and just imagine a black man standing behind it. I owe him an apology because I didn't understand but after the cop incident, Isaiah and looking between Walker and Sam. I understand" he said as I just smiled at him.

"What?" Bucky asked in a chuckle looking between the road and I as I just shook my head. "Nothing" I answered. "There's a reason why Steve left you and Sam and in my opinion Steve did right. You and Sam are capable of so much than you two think you are." I admitted. "Medals of honor and awards doesn't matter when it comes to your heart and the compassion you have for people and that's what makes you and Sam different from Walker" I explained as he faintly smiled.

"You should definitely talk to him about it" I encouraged as he smiled. "I will" he assured as we soon made it to my hotels parking lot. Bucky parked the car as we sat there for a moment and I looked over at him. "Today was fun. I haven't had that much fun in so long" I admitted as he looked over at me and faintly smiled. "You want me to walk you upstairs?" He asked just looking over at me

as he made me smile "what?" I asked "you want me to walk you in?" He asked "you can" I said eyeing him and pressing the button to stop the car as he smiled some and I smirked some before getting out of the car

as he made me smile "what?" I asked "you want me to walk you in?" He asked "you can" I said eyeing him and pressing the button to stop the car as he smiled some and I smirked some before getting out of the car. He grabbed my suitcase as we walked inside. I checked in getting my key as he handed me my suitcase. "You said upstairs" I corrected. "I just thought you wouldn't feel comfortable with me walking you to the door this late" he said as I looked at him.