Wild At Heart Part 3: The Search Continues

Dear Diary,

Anna here. Spirit, Fantasy, and Wonder are doing just great. I am so happy to be watching Wonder grow, bigger and bigger each day. Ever since we found Fantasy, Spirit's mother, and Wonder, his brother, I have been longing to finally find the mysterious father. I know he's out there somewhere, he just has to be. I will never, ever. give up.

Sincerely,

Anna

The blazing sunlight glistened through my second-story window, alerting me that it was a new dawn of a new day. Good morning sunshine, I thought to myself. The search for Spirit's dad, the stallion, is in full speed. I am taking Spirit up to the mountain today, never knowing of what I could find. I just hope that the family of wild mustangs could finally reunite.

"Breakfast!", Mom called. I ran down stairs into the kitchen and sat at the table, with Kael and mother. She had made scrambled eggs and toast, my favorite.

"I'm taking a trip up the mountain today.", I said to them. Ever since I first found Spirit and sneaked him into the ranch, Mom has always been a bit cautious when I went up to the mountain. I know she cares about me, but I am now 17. I think I can do things for myself.

"Be careful. Make sure you aren't out after dark." She said in response. This was the usual response; always make sure you aren't out after dark. I didn't always agree with her, but I obeyed anyways. Usually.

******************************************************************************************************

"Go on, Spirit." I said to my gorgeous chestnut mustang. As we passed through the ranch sign, I knew there was no turning back. Whatever was up there would soon be found. No time for changing my mind now.  I trotted down the entryway when I heard a familiar young voice.

"Sissy! Can I come?" Kael said from under the ranch sign. "Pleeease."

"No, the search for the father could be way to dangerous for you. I think you have some chores to do as well. Go on." I told him sternly.

"Ok sissy, I just wanted to be a part of the search. It...means a lot to me, you know?" With that he turned around and slowly walked towards the house. Don't do this to me, don't fall for it, don't fall for it... Oh, I just couldn't stand seeing him like this. Little kids are too cute sometimes.

"Fine. You can come, but you have to stay by my side at all times."

**********************************************************************************************************

Once we were at the clearing where I first saw Spirit, Kael and I found a nice spot to let our mustang graze and set up camp. We set out our picnic, fresh sandwiches and some fruit, and I gave an apple to Spirit.

All of a sudden, a loud growl erupted from behind a rock. Kael backed up slowly, whining softly, like something was dreadfully wrong. And it was.

The hyena jumped out from behind the gray rock, approaching us slowly. Its snarly, sharp teeth were pointed towards us, ready to pounce at any given moment now. Kael was now crying, and Spirit wandered off. I think he must have found some really good grass, because he was no where to be found. I would have been going nuts, but right now, all I cared about was the safety of Kael and I.

Now the hyena was only a matter of four or five feet in front of us, ready for the kill. Please, I thought, Please help us. All of a sudden, out from behind the archway galloped a mustang. Not Spirit or Fantasy, but a shining black stallion. He reared on his hind legs, scaring away the hyena and giving the both of us a huge sigh of relief.

Once I blinked my eyes a couple times, I saw the beautiful horse standing over me, his eyes glistening. He had saved our lives. Lemme repeat that: He had save our lives. This horse wasn't like any I have seen before, and was no different from any horse in my dreams. Could this really be Spirit's father, the stallion? I reached up to stroke his face, but when I got closer to him, and turned and galloped away even more swiftly than before. I sighed, and then everything went black.

WILL SHE FIND THE STALLION? READ ON TO PART 4 TO DISCOVER FOR YOURSELF.