Chapter 6

Logan watched as Mystique struggled against her restraints, trying to break free but to no avail. He wouldn’t deny it, he enjoyed seeing her struggle. Seeing her unhappy. After all she’s done to him, to the rest of the X-Men, she deserved it. He knew that he couldn’t just stand her watching her pain forever though. Kaya was standing in the doorway, a worried look on her expression. Logan smiled at her, but she just rolled her eyes at him. He deserved that, he supposed.

He looked back at Mystique, who had stopped struggling and now just looked bored. When  she noticed him looking at her, she smirked. “So you’re just gonna keep me tied up all day? Kinky.” She let out a laugh.

“I just may gag you too if you don’t shut it.” Logan grumbled as he took another chair from the dinning room table, swung it around, as sat across from Mystique, resting his arms on the back of the chair. “How about you answer a few of my questions, huh?”

Mystique rolled her eyes. “You didn’t say the magic word.” She teased, grinning.

“Don’t play games with me Mystique.” He threatened. “You’re going to tell me what Magneto wants with Kaya, or,” he slid his claws out one again, pain radiating from his hands as they did, but he ignored it, “You’re going to be in a lot of pain. Your choice.”

“Oh please, Logan.” She laughed, glancing over at Kaya, who was still standing in the doorway, before looking back at Logan. “Don’t tell me the professor didn’t tell you? Oh, of course not. He still thinks you’re smart enough to figure it out on your own.”

“Figure what out?” he questioned, glaring Mystique down. He wasn’t in the mood for her tricks, or the way she tiptoed around the truth.

“Why Kaya is so important. What she can do.” She replied. “But don’t look at me, I’m not telling you anything.”

He was about to respond when the sound of sirens blared outside. Shoot, he had forgotten about Kaya’s mother. He stood up and looked over at Kaya, who looked just as surprised as he did.

“My mom must have called them.” She said apologetically.

Logan grabbed her by the arm, leading her to what he assumed to be her room from all the posters on the door. Once in the room he gently let go and grabbed her backpack that was lying on the floor, dumping out the contents and throwing it at her.

“Hey, wait a minute what are you doing?” she yelled at him, holding the backpack in her hands.

“Do you want answers or not?” He asked, adrenaline rushing through him. If they were going to escape before the police could catch them, they would have to leave now. “Stay here and you’re going to be in danger.”

Kaya looked confused for a moment, like she was thinking hard, but finally nodded and started tossing clothes, cleaning necessities, and money into her back pack, Logan helping her. Once she was done, Logan opened her bedroom window, tossed the backpack down, and then grabbed onto the trellis and started to climb down.

“There’s no way I can climb down..” Kaya called from her window. “It’s too high!”

“I’ll catch you if you fall, promise.” Logan said, coaxing her down. She slowly climbed down, and then went to her backyard where he helped her jump the fence.

“What about your car?” she asked, as they ran up her neighbors’ back yard and away from the sirens.

“I’ll come back later and get it, right now let’s just focus on getting out of here.” He responded, keeping his eyes open for danger. He really didn’t have a plan, but he knew one thing.

He had to keep Kaya safe no matter what the cost.