0.3

Makayla is somebody I end up bonding with at the club. We usually hang out sometimes in the morning whenever we get breakfast together.

She was with a friend of hers and decided to join the Iceberg Lounge, but ended up having a horrible experience. A random freak appeared out of no where in the girls bathroom and tried to assault her. Luckily enough I was there for the night when I walked past the rest room. I ended saving her since I knew who the guy was, and from there on our friendship began.

She's a cleaning lady in her forties, but it's mainly mansions she cleans. However, she works for millionaries and billionaries, around this town. I recall she told me her experience at Falcone's house, how devastating it was for her comfort zone. Carmine kept on staring at her and making small flirty comments, which didn't last long enough till she ran out. Makayla would ask friends of hers to stay around as company, incase he were to pop back up again. Sometimes I wonder if it's too hard for her, so I try my best to offer her some help when she needs it.

But turns out, today is my lucky day.

The sound of my phone starts ringing on the counter table in the kitchen. I grab a hold from it as stand beside it, cutting up some apples. The sound of Makayla's angelic voice made me smile a bit before we start greeting each other. We start catching up on what we both has been missing, before the conversation drift off to work.

"I was wondering if you could help me today, dear? I have to visit Falcone's household to clean up a bit then head to the next schedule. Would you like to come?" I can hear her voice turning a little soft, knowing she always does it because it isn't part of her vocabulary to ask for help.

"Sure, I'll be there in ten minutes." I answer back with a chuckle slipping out of my mouth, as I grab my jacket.

"Perfect!" Makayla said with a joy in her voice. "Meet me inside Falcone's lobby in thirty minutes." I agree with her till the conversation comes to an end.

Once we both hang up the phone, I pick out a causal outfit for today; some jeans and a white T-shirt, as well as keeping my hair down for today. I grab some old sneakers that I could surely use to clean with, but also manageable to walk in. I made sure to kiss Cookie before leaving my apartment.

Knowing I have met batman once again, it made me instantly think about what happened three weeks ago; when I had to save him. But something were different from yesterday, somehow he managed to safe me. That isn't the reason why I'm overanalysing it, but the fact he appeared out of no where, is what got to me. Did he follow me?

I finally arrive to the Falcone's manor. It truly didn't look like a house, but more like a mansion. Nevertheless, he lives better than most people in Gotham; it's always the rich ones who is capable enough to exchange money and invest into something great, but also let their own ego shine through. However, I am more thrill to be alone with Makayla. She made sure to let me know it'll only be me and her, and truthfully it's better that way.

Once I join Falcone's lobby, Makayla is standing in the middle with two buckets in her hands. Her eyes immediately lit up when she catches me at the main door.

"Ah, you came!" Makayla says enthusiastically and throw her arms in the air, hinting for a hug. I chuckle and run towards her before squeezing her in.

"Of course, I'm here to help." I said with a smile on my lips. The sound of chuckle comes from Makayla as I release the hug between us. She start thanking me as she hands me the bucket and follow her towards the kitchen. We instantly fall into a conversation as I start talking about how people with a large amount of money tends to be greedy, and she could only agree to my statements.