fifteen.

It was two fifteen and i was up, packed and ready for Eric to come and whisk me away to LA to start my career and i could't wait, i hadn't woke Matty up because we had pretty much just got to sleep and staying up till morning drinking and watching tv was probably the reason i possessed such a care free attitude.

I got back in bed for ten minutes to spend my last moments at home with Matty before i left him for a now confirmed, four and a half months. I was incredibly scared that it was all going to go to shit once i start lying about how long i'm staying, but i already have so i've probably already fucked it all up. I snugged back into his arms even tighter, started to cry a little but then pulled myself back together when i heard a quiet knock on the door.

"I love you okay? Remember that when i'm gone," i whispered, getting up and kissing his forehead before tiptoeing downstairs and out the door.

"Come on," Eric ushered me along as i stopped to look up to the bedroom window, "He does know you'll be gone a while?"

"Err, not quite," i mumbled but he heard me and gave a small but concerned laugh.

"Well good luck," he said starting the car and driving to the airport. What was that supposed to mean? He doesn't think me and Matty can last, suppose there will be a lot of people in LA, damn there's a lot of people back home, but i know i can trust him, more than i know i can trust myself which is what worries me the most.

"Right so, we'll get to the airport, our flight is at four so it's a bit of a rush but we'll manage, pretty much everyone is in LA, Marie, The Zombies who are going to be your band and a few other crew members, we will land at about tea time so tonight is going to be pretty relaxed, you're going to be living with Olivia and Marie but everyone apart from me is living nearby so you in close contact, tomorrow is a full day of recording and at some point you need to create a music video," Eric rambled on so fast i could barely keep up, i wanted to write everything down but there was no chance of that.

"Its nice that the Zombies could be my band," i said after he had finished telling me even more about LA.

"Yeah, that was Marie's idea, you've met them right?" i nodded in response, "Oh, they also have a new keyboardist called Danny, he's flying with us by the way, couldn't make it over with the rest of them, something about a family birthday,"

"Awesome," i replied, glad to have somebody possibly a little more layed back to talk to on the eleven hour flight.

We arrived at the airport at three so it was a tight rush to get through luggage and boarding as well as getting things to eat and occupy us on the plane so we don't need to pay the extra tax, i didn't get time to have a conversation with Danny until we were actually on the plane. He was quite tall and had thick dark hair and a nose ring and was very attractive, but by no means Matty. That reminded me, i said i'd text Matty before we set off, i turned my phone back on in the last moments possible to see he had texted me.

Have fun, see you in a week X

A week, damn i wish.

i will, about to set off, dont miss me too much X

I quickly replied before turning my phone back off and preparing for take off.

"Who's that?" Danny asked quietly over the flight attendant telling us where all the exits were.

"Matty, my boyfriend," i replied.

"He in a band, named some date or something?"

"Aha yeah, The 1975, how did you know?" i laughed.

"Oh, just what Liv has told me, you ever been to LA before?" he asked, sweet conversation settling between us for almost all the flight, whilst Eric slept for the whole thing. It made me much more relaxed to now there is at least one nice, genuine person on this trip, making me worry less about home.

Eventually we landed, me and Danny a little drunk little vodka bottles we bought in duty free but there was still an hours drive for us to sober up as much as possible before we reached the apartments, Eric dropped me off first before turning round the corner to Danny and the rest of the guy's.

It was fifth floor and it was literally beautiful, Marie and Olivia welcomed me in and showed me to my room, which had a view which spread right out to the coast.

"You could maybe record a video there, it get's really pretty on a night," Olivia said. Once unpacked i texted Matty, wanting to keep as much contact as possible.

In LA! My apartment is so nice, and so is everyone, glad i didn't die on the plane XXX

At tea time, everyone came round for pizza.

"How you liking it so far?" Danny asked, sitting next to me with some pizza.

"It's awesome, you ever been here before?" I asked.

"Yeah, i used to live here up until being about six," he answered, "Fancy experiencing some night life, we were going to go to this club down the road?"

"I'd love to" i exclaimed, it was coming upto about half 8 so i went and changed out of the leggings and baggy tshirt i wore to fly in and into some black high waisted shorts and a crop top.

Matty POV

Even though we hadn't been together long it felt so odd waking up without her. It felt even stranger to think she's off chasing dreams in America, because as much as i was happy and proud i was also annoyed, because it was something i had longed for for so long and she got it straight away. But it was only for a matter of days so i doubt much can happen.

---

Thanks for reading, do we think Matty and Lauren will stay together whilst she's in LA?

thanks for 3.6k reads(thats what it is when im writing this so thanks if its any more) please vote and comment!