Chapter 23 : To Wish Upon A Rocket.

Start from the beginning

"Maybe." She replied, fiddling with some of the buttons. "But it will take at least half the day just to dry the components to see what's broken."

She looked over at Carter who was frowning at the object thoughtfully, "any ideas?" Raven asked the blonde.

I had completely forgotten that Carter was an engineer or something considering she broke most things she touched.

"I think I can get a way to speed up the drying process... But that would still take too long." She shrugged, the apology clear in her eyes.

"Like I said, it's too late." Bellamy interjected, his face held not even a scrap of emotion.

Asshole.

"Do you have any idea what you did?" Clarke asked angrily, walking up to him. "Do you even care?"

"You asked me to help, I helped." He said, folding his arms over his chest.

"All you did was drag a few people out here and then order them around for a while. That was not helping." I sneered, shaking my head at him.

I seriously question my taste in men sometimes.

"Three hundred people are going to die today! Because of you." Clarke said, and let me tell you, her voice held more disappointment than mine.

"Hold up," Raven cut in, "we don't have to talk to the Ark. We've just gotta let them know we're down here, right?"

"Yeah..." Finn said slowly, his eyes brimming with confusion. "But how do we do that? We have no radio."

I saw Raven and Carter exchange a look, small smiles playing on both their lips.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Raven asked Carter.

"Oh yeah." She replied, "you, Raven Reyes, are a genius."

The rest of us just stared at them in a world of confusion. I mean, what sane person can understand that? They could a least fill us in.

-

Rocket.

The plan was a rocket.

We were firing a big ass rocket into the sky.

I have to admit, it sounded pretty cool. Or at least it would be if I was allowed to do anything.

After dropping something for the third time, Carter and Raven had declared me hazardous to their work and sent me off to sit in my tent.

I didn't actually do this, instead, I did the next best thing.

I annoyed my camp mates.

First up on the list was one of the guards who I'd always noticed but never really acknowledged. I think his name was Muller I think. Yeah, it was probably Muller.

"Hey." I sidled up to him. "It's Muller, right?"

"Miller." He answered, his attention not wavering from the forest beyond his post.

Of course... Miller. I totally knew that.

"Well Miller, did you know that you can consume exactly 1.4 tons of chocolate in one sitting before you collapse and die?" I said, a small smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.

It was bullshit, obviously.

"Did Kalel consume 1.4 tons of chocolate?" He replied, his tone hardening.

"Harsh." I murmured. "Listen Miller, I'm not the bad guy. I'm the bitch who gave Kalel what was coming to him, he was the one harassing me. Heck, he even dislocated Carter's knee."