Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Kimberly's POV

I snuggled closer to the bed. I was really comfy which was weird because I was never this comfy in my new hospital like bed in my new hospital like room in Chases' place. I remembered what happened last night with me taking care of Chases' drunken state. Then falling asleep in his room. Why did HIS bed have to be so comfy.

An arm that was placed around my waist hugged me closer.

"Chase, are you awake?" I whispered to him without opening my eyes.

"Uhm." He groaned next to me and hugged me even closer.

Wait a second hugged me closer?

I quickly opened my eyes and jumped off the bed. I had been sleeping with my head on Chase Duncan's chest...

"Sorry..." I said quietly.

He didn't seem to hear my apology, he just sat up and groaned again.

"My head is killing me!" He said.

"Uhm... Okay. I'm gonna go and... Take a shower while you deal with that. You should drink some caffeine and aspirin..."

He didn't seem to remember last night at all. So today the why-don't-you-like-me Chase was gone and Chase Duncan was back.

"Okay." He said after a while grudgingly "But don't forget that we're having lunch with my dad."

"We are?" I started to panic.

I don't want to meet his family! What if they don't like me?

"Yeah and he lives two hours from here, so we should be leaving soon."

I got out of his room and into the kitchen for my morning soda. I took my Pepsi and left his red bull over the counter for him later. Maybe I could slip something into the can, so I wouldn't have to meet his parents... BAD KIMMY! No psychotic thoughts! He met your family and now you'll be meeting his. It's fine.

I went into my closet and started going through my clothes. Have you ever realized that when you really need your best clothes for that exact occasion they decide to take a vacation to the Bermuda triangle? I couldn't use my favorite comfy shirt, because you can't meet someone's dad in a pink shirt that says 'I'll try being nicer when you try being smarter'. Maybe a less offensive shirt would do...

I threw to the other side of the room my purple shirt that said 'Let me write that down in my things-I-don't-give-a-f*ck-about list', that one was definitely a no.

Giving up on the shirt first I slipped on a very old light blue ripped jeans that was white in some places like the butt and the knees (yes, I do have the world's biggest collection of ripped jeans) and a pair of black converses. Okay. Shirt!

I decided to go with one of my old shirts. It was a strappy white tank top that had grey horizontal lines in it, like a notebook and on those lines there was a huge red A+ and under it was written 'for being cute, for being sweet and for being MINE!'. It had been ages since I last wore this shirt. Why did I stop wearing it? It was so cute!

I placed a red head band on my head, passed a little mascara and eyeliner and prayed that this look said 'Hi, I'm your son's wife who you've never met. DON'T HATE ME!'.

"Kim, get dressed! You've been there for an hour and a half. You'll look great in anything!" I heard Chase yell for the millionth time from the other side of the door.

"Okay, what do you think about this look?" I said getting out of my closet.

He didn't even look at me.