Chapter 2

Lila's POV
The clock tower bell blazed through the school, signalling the start of class. We had Divination. Professor Twelawney was a whack job. I had been here for three weeks and I could truley say that. She once stood up and forgot there was a table in front of her. Hehe. She ran in to it. LOL. Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. That's what we're doing for this term. It sounds cool, but it is mind numbing, soul destroying work. It sucks. Anyway, we can tell, well I can at least, that Hermione hates it. It so obvious and the boys haven't got a clue. I had my head in one hand, while gazing pointlessly at this wild, weird looking woman.

"Please take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

Her eyes glanced over me. Her glasses made her eyes look huge. I leaned over and whispered this to Hermione, when Twelawney wasn't looking. Hermione smiled and I tuned out as Twelwaney started going on about broadening your minds and looking beyond. It was only when Ron started talking about my cup that I snapped back into the Milky Way.

"Well she's got a sort of a wonky cross. That's trials and suffering." He said, while flicking through his book. Hermione looked into Harry's cup, that she had, then at mine again. "And that there could be the sun and that's happiness." Again Hermione looked into Harry's cup, then in mine.

"Professor. Harry and Lila's cups are the same." Twelawney was very surprised.

She shook her head as she took the two cups, muttering something like, "Impossible." Suddenly she dropped them. She backed away with a terrified expression.

"My dears . . . you have the Grim."

Whispers started up. A boy, in the back, looked at his book and read out.

"The Grim. Taking form of a giant black dog. It's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen . . . of death."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Walking down to Magical Creatures with Hagrid, who, my brother tells me to be the most nicest and kindest person he has ever met, after me of course, we were all talking about what had happened in Divination.

"You don't think this Grim things got anything to do with Sirius Black do you?"

"Oh honestly Ron! Divinations a load of rubbish!" Yep, she hated it. "Now, Ancient Runes, there's an interesting, and more useful subject." Highly doubted that, but we'll go with it.

"Ancient Runes? How many classes are you taking Hermione?" I ask. Isnt that on the same time as divination?

"A fair few." She jutted her chin out. When she defended herself it was so funny.

"But wouldn't that be in the same time as Divination?" Harry must have read my thoughts. I heard that magical twins could do that. 'Yes" Harry's voice was inside my head. I looked over at him, he couldn't hide his smirk fast enough. I whacked him with the divination book I was holding.

"Svay out ov my 'ead!" Hermione and Ron gave us confused looks. I answered. "Havy and I can vead each ozher's zhoughts, and we can talk inside our 'eads."

Hermione gasped. "I read about that. That's like the Weasley twins, Ron's older brothers. They can do that."

We walked down laughing, the earlier question lost. At the bottom of the hill Hagrid gathered the class around his hut. He didn't need to stand on a stool, like people do when they are addressing a crowd. He was nine feet tall! "Gather round! Gather round! Come on, now! Come closer! Less talking if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today! For the first lesson! Follow me!"

He headed off into the forest. Harry grabbed my hand and we raced ahead to catch up with him. I wanted to get introduced. "Hagrid! Hagrid!"

He turned around and smiled down at Harry. "'ello Harry!" He said in his great big booming voice. Every time he spoke it sounded like he was yelling, but we knew he wasn't.

"Hagrid. This is Lila, my twin sister, that Dumbledore brought back." His soft brown eyes fell on me.

"Well of course you are. You two have the same hair and scar and Lily's eyes. Very beautiful." I blushed, he was very flattering.

We came to a low brick wall. Hagrid told us to form a group and open to page 49. Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, school bully, arch enemy of Harry, so naturally mine, stepped up and asked. "Exactly how do we do that?" His tone smart.

Hagrid missed it completely and shot back. "Just stroke the spine of course. Goodness me."

I giggled and Malfoy's eyes immediately fell on me. He raised his eyes questioningly. I stopped giggling, glared at him and walked over to my brother. Hermione put her Monster book of Monsters on the rock and turned to face us.

"I think they're funny." She said it loud enough so they could hear her. They being Malfoy and his little posy.

"Oh, yes. Terribly funny." Malfoy said. "God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching us classes." Two fat boys laughed.

Harry started forward but I beat him to it. "Shut up Malvoy. You can hive vehind your ugly vace and your vathers money. Every time someone's veing mean to you, or hurts you or something zhat you don't zhink is 'okay' vor you. You run ov to tell daddy and you hide vehind him as he does everyzhing vor you. Oh and nice choice ov vriends. Vat ones. Veally?" He stepped back in surprise. I bet no one had stood up to him like this before. "Vhat? Couldn't gêt any ozhers?"

He gave me a look, then smiled. "Oh, but I do."

"Oh, veally who?"

"You."

"Ha! Zhat's the vunniest zhing I've herd today. Vell, on your conscience maybe, vut I'm avraid, I am not your vriend Draco Malvoy." The whole full name saying really does it. "At least ve now all know zhat your alvays zhinking ov me. Vecause you zhought ov me so ovten zhat you zhought zhat I vas your vriend. Go talk to vour vat vriends avout zhat!" My accent was getting richer towards the end.

There were cheers and a crowd swarmed around me and my brother as he congratulated me. Hagrid cleared his throat and the crowd dispersed as their attention went to the lesson. "Ta da!" He gestured over to a giant tree. I started clapping and laughing.

"Vell done Hagrid your virst lesson is a giant tree?"

"No. That is." At that moment a Hippogriff walked out from behind it. My jaw dropped. He was the most beautiful thing that I had ever seen.

"Say hello to Buckbeak."

"Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Ron asked.

"It's a Hippogriff." I answered. All eyes turned to me. But I couldn't look at them, I was too busy staring at it.