Chapter 24: Life is not easy.

Taehyung got up from his chair slowly in shock.

All the flashback came again in his mind and felt a sudden fear envading his whole body.

On the other hand, his step-mother smirked.

Ha-rin: Missed me, Taehyung?

Y/n frowned and turned to Taehyung only to see fear all across his face.

She walked up to him and grabbed his hand which made him flinch.

Y/n: Taehyung, who is she? Why are you behaving like this?

He started to breath heavily as he felt like something was getting wrong with him.

Then Jimin spoke to Y/n in his low voice.

Jimin: Your Majesty....she is his s-step-mother....

Y/n widened her eyes and turned to Taehyung who gripped her hand tightly.

She understood that he was having an attack of fear and panic.

His knees felt like jelly and was about to fall but Y/n quickly grabbed him and made him sit on his chair.

Ha-rin tsked out of sudden.

Ha-rin: Tsk, such a weak Mafia Leader.

As she said that, Y/n clenched her jaw.

Y/n: We know very well who is a looser and who is the leader here.

The old woman scoffed.

Ha-rin: And how? Just by looking at me, he had an attack(?). Such a pity.

Y/n walked down and approached her.

Y/n: Who do you think you are? The respect and the position that my husband hold down, you are nothing in front of that. Just by snapping his fingers, your body will be collapsed onto the floor, lifeless.

Ha-rin burned in anger but didn't show it.

Ha-rin: Too much attitude is not good my child.

Y/n: And being too much fearless too is not good.

Taehyung suddently spoke.

Taehyung: Why you came back?

Ha-rin looked over Y/n's shoulders at Taehyung.

Ha-rin: Me? I will be straight forwarded, take your position away from you. And you know what is the funniest thing? Someone else too is involved with me in this matter.

His heartbeat suddently increased after hearing her.

Taehyung: Could it be someone with whom i'm really attached emotionally?

He thought.

Ha-rin: Do you wanna know?

Y/n: Who is it? Tell me.

Ha-rin: Oh you are quite in hurry, ok if you wanna know then the 2nd person is your father-in-law, aka Taehyung's dad.

Y/n, Taehyung and Jimin widened their eyes and looked at her in shock.

This time Taehyung couldn't bear it and got up before walking to her and standing beside Y/n.

Taehyung: Don't you dare to talk like that about my father!!!

Ha-rin was looking too confident which was making the 3 of them more and more nervous.

Ha-rin: Don't believe me, but take my phone which is taken by your freind Jimin. In this phone we have a clear conversation through messages and voice calls, recorded.