04

Chapter 4

"Good afternoon Mr. Vorti and good afternoon to you too Miss. Your usual table Sir?" The waiter greeted us once we entered the restaurant.

It was already 1 PM when we reached inside the restaurant. Apparently this restaurant is one of Zykanier frequented often.

From the exterior to the interior it still looks the same as before but this is more beautiful cause it was renovated. This restaurant is one of the fancy Asian Restaurant.

The atmosphere in here is very calming, there's a soft music playing at the background to set the mood and light chattering amongst the guests.

The waiter led the two of us in our seats towards a more private and secluded area in the corner of the restaurant. We don't want to risk getting caught by the paparazzi.

"Your waiter would be here with you shortly." He said before setting down two menus on our table.

Being the gentleman he was, or maybe he just wanted to impress me, Zy pulled out the chair for me to sit. A soft blush made its way to my face as I softly thanked him. Why is he acting like a fudging gentleman all of a sudden?

I placed my purse behind me and grabbed the menu, flipping through it. I inwardly groaned and my eyebrows scrunched in confusion when I saw that there was no images of the foods in the menu. You can call me ignorant, but I always preferred to see first what I was about to eat before ordering it. The fancy names of the dish and the confusing descriptions did not help at all.

I look at Zy and he's just watching me with amusement as if he saw something amusing.

"Don't know what to order, don't you?" How did he know? Well I think it's obvious from the way I looked now.

I smiled at him sheepishly, bringing the menu away from my face. "Mind if you recommend me something?"

"I usually get the grilled steak with a side of potatoes and mushrooms." Actually I'm craving for spaghetti but I won't tell him that.

"Their spaghetti with sides of meatballs and fries is really one of their best dish here cause of its delicious taste." How did he knot that I was craving for it? Is he a mind reader?

"How did you know that I was craving for spaghetti? You're a mind reader aren't you?" I have him a big grin that he returned with a sheepish smile. I hope he smiles more often it look good on him.

Zy let out a small chuckle just before a waiter approached us with a two glasses and a bottle of expensive looking red wine. He then set a small basket of cookies in the middle along with a Nutella. Zy helped me to order, we don't want to embarrass ourselves aren't we?

"Do you eat here often?" I asked him as soon as the waiter left with our orders. "They seem to know your order." Wow ha close naba kami para magtanong sa kaniya?

He let out a small chuckle. He looked amused from something. Do I look like an amusing person?

Zy grabbed his glass and took a sip of his wine. "Not really. Only when I come down here to check up on one of my hotel nearby. I'm guessing it's your first time here?"

Hindi ako makapag salita dahil sa sinabi niya. I don't know what to say but I still managed to answer his question.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "Not really, my parents and I used to come here back when I was a child." A sad smile appeared on my lips. If only I can turn back time before that incident happened, I would.

I didn't know that a lone tear fell from my eyes until someone dried it for me. Zykanier...

"Hey are you okay? Why were you crying?" He asked me with concern.

"I'm okay, I'm not crying gagi napuwing lang ako." I smiled at him to tell him that I'm really okay. He seemed not to believe me but thankfully the waiter came back to serve our order.

I thanked him and look at Zy only to see him already looking at me as if he missed me? Why would he miss me we just met, maybe I'm just hallucinating.

After a couple seconds, I was the one who first break our gaze and looked down at my plate. Damn this looks delicious. I can't help but feel attracted to the man sitting in front of me. There was just something about him that made her feel drawn to him.

I quickly snapped out of my trance and I brought my gaze up to meet his gaze. I saw him already looking at me as if telling me to start eating. She takes a spoonful of spaghetti and eat it. And damn this taste good than I expected it to be. I nearly moaned from its deliciousness.

Our lunch was filled with light conversations as we learned more about each other. I was actually enjoying myself especially the food. Zykanier's suggestion had been exactly what I was craving for. He even caught me doing a small dance in my seat as I enjoyed eating my spaghetti, causing him to let out a smile full of contentment.

Like what they said, the way to a girl's heart is through her stomach with good food. I liked him even more. Wait, I like him? I just shrugged it off and keep eating.

Once we finished he called out the waiter and paid our food before leading me out of the restaurant.

"You know I could've paid for my food." I muttered and gave him an unamused look.

He let out a loud laugh at my crestfallen expression. He looks so carefree while laughing. I hope to see him like this always.

"As if I'll let you pay, darling." I can't really here what he said cause it came out as a whisper.

It was already 2 when we finished our lunch so I asked him if he won't go back because he has a company to handle and you know what his answer is?

And I quote "I'm the boss so I can do whatever I want. Plus my company would still function even if I'm not there."

And now we just found ourselves walking down the pier. I don't know but I feel comfortable being with him.

We were holding ice cream cones in our hands. I opted for a mango ice cream cone while Zy chose cookies and cream.

We continued to walk down. The pier as a comfortable silence fell between us. The only sounds heard were the waves and the soft click-clacking of our shoes made against the pier's floor boards. Couples and families walked beside us chattering among themselves.

Spotting a bench, I dragged Zy towards it and took a seat. Zy seated beside me and we just looked at the ocean while we were finishing our ice cream cones.

Irish and I used to come here before. This was always our tambayan whenever we feel stressed. It's peaceful here that's why it is the best place to relax.

I turned to look at Zy who seemed to be lost by his thoughts. I cleared my throat to get his attention making him look at me.

"I remember the last time I came here with my friend." I smiled remembering that memory. I looked at him and I can see that he's listening.

"We were stressed from our finals and came here for a quick breather and to relax our minds." I don't know why I'm sharing this to him.

We just keep on conversing with each other that we lost track of the time. It is almost 7 in the evening when we decided to go home.

I tried to decline his offer to drive me home but he insisted. So now I just found myself sitting at the passenger seat of his car while he's driving.

I told him my address and we were just silent the whole ride. When we stopped in front of my house I thanked him and get out of the car.

I was about to enter my house when I heard him calling my name. I looked at him and the window of his car is rolled down.

"See you tomorrow and goodnight Avery." With that he drove off.

While looking at his car from afar I smiled on myself and muttered something under my breath.

"Goodnight Zy..."

•AngelicIsla•