10 | Survival

______________

Wonder by Shawn Mendez

"Right before I close my eyes,the only thing that on my mind

the only thing that on my mind. The dreaming that you feel it too, I wonder what its like to be loved by you."

______________

2015

__________

Claire was wrapped in a blanket; Zach sat beside her on the cot as Gray laid on the cot as his aunt LJ checked over him.

"No," she shook her head as she put the bandage on his knee, "I just got my Paramedic training in a year when I was young," she shrugged, "never know when you'll need it."

"Awesome."

"Oh yeah," she smiled and stood back up, "I'm going to go check on other people in the warehouse, stay here, okay." She looked down at them as she took off his blue gloves.

The three nodded, but Claire stood and gasped as tears fell down her face, making Y/N look to see Karen and Scott, Claire's older sister and the boy's parents.

They rushed over, Karen and Claire both crying as they hugged, then the parents hugged their boys.

"I'll let you guys have some family time," Y/N smiled.

"No, your my little sister too," Karen shook her head, "our little sister." Her and Claire enveloped the Lockwood in a hug as the two ginger sisters crying. Y/N's eyes filled with tears, and she let a few slip down her face; she missed this. The three of them. She also missed her sister, Charlottle. What she would do to have to her back. At least she had her niece, Maisie, who she would do anything for since she's more like a daughter to her. She was Y/N's everything. Moments like this she was thankful for, but also hated because she wasn't with Maisie and Charlottle wasn't here.

Y/N whipped her face and nodded at the group, "I do have to go help; I'll see you all later."

Y/N walked through the warehouse and tended to people's wounds, whether it was applying bandages, braces or cases. Checking over men, women and children, making sure all are getting the medical attention needed for their wounds.

When Y/N stood again after a few hours, walking through the aisle and changing her blood-stained gloves, she put new ones on and saw her favourite Raptor trainer walking to her side.

"What do we do now, Hot Stuff?"

"Well, Pretty Lady, I think we should stick together." Owen nodded, "for survival, of course."

"Oh, of course," she giggled.

"And then I could take you on that much-needed date," he nodded, pulling her close.

"About time," she smiled and leaned in, to meet him in a soft and loving kiss, showing all the emotion they've been feeling the past 24 hours.