Matty

Damn.

She is gorgeous.

Her features are soft, her skin creamy. I watch as her eyes grow wide and I note that they are green. The beautiful kind of green. The green that makes her look like some sort of a goddess. And her mouth. It looks like a little cupid's bow, the upper lip a little thin but with a plump lower lip. It's perfect. I try not to smile like an idiot.

She removes her beanie, and her hair looks so soft and so black. It is a little bunched up at the top, but it looks cute on her. I suddenly have an intense urge to run my fingers through it.

Whoa, you creep. Slow down. You don't even know her name.

But damn, is she gorgeous.

Amy steps aside and I smile a little because I was right—she is wearing a skirt.

"Hey Lily," Amy says. Lily. Even her name is beautiful. And I don't want to sound like a pompous guy, but she's looking at me with that look of shock on her face that pretty much translates she wants me in my brain, and it doesn't make sense at all but she. Is. Gorgeous.

Lily doesn't seem to hear her. She's still looking at me, and I'm looking right back at her. It has been a long time since I've felt like this, and my heart starts beating faster. It's almost as if it starts beating happier, if you get what I mean. Plus, I don't mind her looking at me at all. She can look at me all day. I won't complain.

Amy raises an eyebrow and snaps her fingers in front of Lily's face. She blinks and her eyes find her roommate, and I am slightly disappointed because she isn't looking at me anymore, which is real mature, I know.

Come on, Lily, look at me again.

She does look at me, for a split second, then moves over to Amy. She licks her lips and smiles, but I can immediately tell that the smile is fake. It makes me frown, and I sit up straighter on Amy's bed. Something's bothering her, and I want to take it away, for some reason.

"Hey Amy," Lily says in a quiet, croaky voice. She clears her throat and runs her hands down her skirt. My eyes follow her movements, my frown deepening. Why is she so anxious?

The (over)confident part of me insists that she's anxious because I am in the room, that she's nervous because of me. It pretty much doesn't matter what I think, though, because the anxiety and nervousness in my chest is exactly because she is in the room.

"You forgot your keys?" Amy asks, and Lily nods.

"I didn't know you had company," Lily says, her voice much clearer now. Her eyes dart toward me again, but they don't stay for long, which kind of makes me feel a tiny bit frustrated.

Amy shakes her head and ushers Lily in. I stand, towering over the two, and it's insane how beautiful she is the closer she gets to me. Still she refuses to look again at me, and I suddenly feel like I'm invisible. It is not a good feeling.

I send telepathic waves to Amy, willing her to introduce me to her roommate. It doesn't seem to work, since Amy keeps chatting with Lily, seeming to forget that I am in their room, too. I want to conk one of my so-called best friends on the head, but the timing isn't favoring me. I settle for clearing my throat, and Amy almost jumps. Lily, however, still has her eyes firmly trained on everywhere but me. I fight the urge to tear my hair out. I settle on running a hand through it instead.

"Is something wrong with your throat?" Amy asks as she faces me, a smirk lighting up her face. Obviously she has now gotten the fact that I would like to be introduced to her incredibly beautiful roommate, and her smirk says I'm-going-to-tease-you-for-little-bit-before-I-introduce-you.