Chapter 3

"Stephano! Let's go!" a warm hand wraps around me. I look up to find Pewdie, running down the corridors with me and Mr. Chair in his hands.

Pewdie runs into the same white room we were in an hour ago. Dr. Becker turns around, a syringe in his hand.

"Oh, hello again, Pewdiepie," Dr. Becker says. This surprises Pewdie a little. He never told Dr. Becker his name. But after a few moments, Pewdie ignores it, as if it were a coincidence.

"Hello," Pewdie replies, setting me down to shake Dr. Becker's hand. He instinctively picks me back up again, holding me next to him.

"Are these the objects you wish to take with you?" Dr. Becker says, looking oddly at Mr. Chair.

Pewdie nods, and sets Mr. Chair on the ground. I watch as Dr. Becker turns back around again, and leans over a box of supplies.

"Set them on the tables over there," Dr. Becker says, not looking up from his box. Pewdie listens, and sets Mr. Chair on one of the silver tables. Then he sets me on the next silver table, not pausing to think it over.

"Ok," Pewdie says, signaling his accomplishment. Dr. Becker nods and motions for Pewdie to sit on the last silver table. Pewdie walks over to the last table slowly, trying to get a glance of Dr. Becker's box.

Every second this goes on, makes me want to tell Pewdie. Something is very strange about this. But my golden skin seals me to my plinth.

"Are you ready?" Dr. Becker asks, walking over to Pewdie with a syringe. Pewdie reluctantly nods, and sits upon the table. Dr. Becker moves Pewdie's arm some, then positions the syringe. With one swift move, the syringe breaks through Pewdie's skin.

Pewdie watches Dr. Becker, then turns his head to me. He smiles, as if he knows this will work. He lies down on the table, his eyes getting heavy. I can see his lips move, as he whispers something to Dr. Becker. Dr. Becker nods in reply, then moves over to me.

With his hands placed on the syringe, he pushes on part of it, causing liquid to seep out. I watch with wild eyes as a drop of the liquid lands on my shoulder.

Dr. Becker then moves over to Mr. Chair. Chuckling, he puts the same liquid on Mr. Chair.

I look over at Pewdie, eyes heavy. He looks at me, his eyes closing. The serum must have sedatives in it. I try to fight the fatigue washing over me. Pewdie's eyes close, and before long, so do mine.