Seventeen - "Call me Kristov."

Chapter Seventeen

Kristov's POV

"The car is ready, sir," Mr. Deary, my butler, informed me when I arrived in the living room.

I nodded, and he pushed a button to open the main door.

"Have a pleasant evening, sir," he smiled, giving me a little bow.

"Same to you, Mr. Deary," I replied, "don't wait for me. You can take a rest now."

"Thank you, sir," his face brightened with a wide smile.

It was Saturday night, and most of the servants were having their day off. For sure, Mr. Deary could not wait to spend time with his wife, who is also my cook.

"Good evening, sir," Jack greeted, and I nodded, before I entered the back of the Rolls-Royce Sweptail.

"Your grandmother is already on her way to the Park's residence," he informed me when he settled in the driver seat.

"How many bodyguards did you send with her?"

"Five sir," he answered, "and you're having the same number tonight."

"Good. Keep the bodyguards at bay, I don't want to see any of them at the party."

"Of course, sir. Strict protocols are observed," he said and focused on his driving.

The Park's residence was located on the other side of New York. It would take a while for us to get there.

I have known Mr. Joon Park a long time ago. He ventured with Dad before, in our steel business, but withdrew his shares to open a telecommunication company.

Mr. Park and I connected through his mother, Grace Park. My Grandma Mary and Grace Park were best friends in Golden House.

Mr. Park was one of my investors in my AR-VR project. He was among the first ones who really believed that I could change the future with my innovations.

"It's traffic, sir, and there's a parade going on," Jack muttered impatiently, then stopped the car at red light.

"Just drive, don't rush."

"Of course, sir."

I saw a woman crossing the pedestrian lane. She was wearing all black, and dark rimmed eyeglasses.

"Is that Miss Rosi?"

"The woman with a red bag?" he asked to confirm, and I answered yes, "no sir, she's taller."

"I see," I leaned my back against the backseat, then subconsciously smiled.

Pia's POV

"Pia, I want you to meet my grandson, Kristov Stavrakos."

I stared in shock at Mrs. Mary Chandler.

Oh my God!

Fate surely played a trick on me. I was in a very awkward situation. Kristov Stavrakos and I lived in two very different worlds, opposites, I would say. But why was it that our worlds were getting smaller? I was not expecting to run into him, especially on my day-off!

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Miss Rosi," I heard him say behind me.

I had no choice but to turn to him. I stood up, hiding my face with my hair, and looking down at the floor.

"Um... nice meeting you, Mr. Stavrakos," I took the hand he extended for a handshake.

The touch of our palms together was electrifying. It was like a thousand volts current passing through every nerve of my body.