Chapter 66 • Regret

Start from the beginning

MAE:
"Yes." She chuckled, "What color is your hair?"

GEORGE:
"I'm colorblind, Mae." He spoke in a monotoned voice.

I couldn't help but huff out in a smile.

MAE:
"But you surely know your own hair color and eye color right?" She smiled.

George looked at himself in the mirror again as his expression slowly dropped.

-GEORGE's POV-
Mine and Hunter's features were the same. Both dark haired and dark eyed.

I frowned while looking at myself.

MAE:
"Do you get triggered if you see yourself in the mirror?"

I sighed nervously, "No..."

MAE:
"Why do you think that is?"

I closed the mirror as I set it down in my lap.

GEORGE:
"Because I trust myself...I know that I won't do anything bad to hurt myself..."

MAE:
"Have you hurt yourself in the past?"

I took a deep breath as I felt the tears warming up in the corners of my eyes.

GEORGE:
"Y—yeah..."

MAE:
"When?"

GEORGE:
"U—um..." I swallowed hard, "I—I tried jumping off a building...and I tried drowning..."

MAE:
"Why were they unsuccessful?"

I pouted as I remembered the reason why.

Cause of Dream.

My eyes trailed to meet his.

GEORGE:
"Dream saved me both times..."

MAE:
"Why?" She smiled.

GEORGE:
"Because he loves me..." my lip quivered as I kept my eyes locked on him, "And he wants me to be okay..."

Dream's eyes filled with tears as well.

GEORGE:
"I want you to be okay too—that's why I have to keep the gun around—" my voice trembled as I spoke to him, "I don't have the strength that you do—I—"

I sighed.

GEORGE:
"You're so much stronger than me at everything. Mentally, emotionally, physically—" I shook my head as the tears collapsed to my sweatpants, "You always save me and I'm so fucking scared that one day it's gonna stick—"

My voice trembled as I shook my head.

GEORGE:
"I get triggered and I hate myself for doing that because it ruins your mood and you can tell when something's bothering me and—" I sniffled, "Y—you always try making me feel better even if you're the one I'm mad at—"

Dream's tears collapsed down his cheeks.

GEORGE:
"I regret everything..." I frowned, "I regret being stupid enough to go to the rink alone—I regret telling you I didn't love you when I knew I did—I regret staying frozen after seeing you get shot..."

My voice cracked.

GEORGE:
"I regret killing Hunter—" my face squished together as I felt so much pressure on my chest.

Dream frowned at me as his face squished together too.

GEORGE:
"I fucking regret it—" I cried while leaning my face into my hands.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, already knowing they're Dream's. We held each other tightly as I cried into his chest.

•••••