♔XXVII. Don't Mess With A General

Part Twenty-Seven:
" Your body can almost stand anything. It's your mind that you have to convince." -anonymous

♔◆♔◆♔◆♔◆♔◆♔◆

Zayne Cirino Ravensheart

I wasn't able to move when I saw Aubrey lost control of herself. I don't know how important those mortal kids to her, but right now, she needs to rest.

I was afraid that one day she will turn into her destiny. A destiny that will destroy everything. I have been watching her dreams this past few days, it was terrible I admit. I can't track the being that have been making this dreams.

After Her Majesty dismissed us, I offered myself to take Aubrey to her room. The whole castle was in chaos because of her outrage. The throne room was destroyed, and parts of the huge windows are broken open.

I layed her on her bed. Her eyes closed, her skin's pale. I didn't leave her side, evening came, I didn't sleep. Vampires don't sleep. They can, but only if they wanted to.

For the years I waited for her to come back, for the lost memories I tried to remember, it was still painful. To see her here, with us. I can feel her body, slowly killing her. Slowly breaking. All of Rima's powers or curse, it was all on Aubrey now. Too much power will only kill you in the end.

" I miss you." I whispered as I held her cold hand, cold as a corpse. She looks lifeless. She had been carrying this for days. I don't know. I smiled bitterly and rested my head on the edge of the bed.

....

Minutes passed and I heard the Grand Bell Tower. It was twelve midnight.

My eyes automatically flew opened when I felt her hand on my head. She's awake!

" I miss you too." She whispered. Her half opened eyes showed tiredness.

" Aubrey..." I trailed off.

" Why am I on the bed? What happened?" Her soft voice echoed in my ear. My body aches everytime I hear her voice like this.

" You almost lost your sanity." Her eyes widened. She doesn't remember anything.

" How?"

" It was yesterday. It was His Majesty's----" A tear left my eyes when she held my cold hands. I can't hide my weakness anymore.

" I have to find them... I need to bring them back." She said. Her eyes closed again.

She slowly sat up and faced me. She cupped my cheeks and hugged me.

" I love you Zayne. I always did. And soon, my body will finally break down, but in my remaining days, I will fight for us. We will win this war, and you will live peacefully."

" Don't worry Aubrey. We'll protect you no matter what. If you die, we don't have the reason to exist to. You're the heart of this castle. We need you in our life. You can use us, as your shield. We're your friends Aubrey." Sabi ko. Hindi ko alam kung saan ko nakuha yung mga salitang binitawan ko pero gumaan ang loob ko at medyo tumahan si Aubrey.

" No no... I'll never use anyone of you as my shield." Sabi n'ya. Namumugto na yung mga mata n'ya sa kakaiyak. Basa na rin ang polo ko.

" I want to disappear in this world. I can't stay seeing my friends suffer. Look, the Demons are starting to make their way. Zayne, fear is killing m----" I shut her up with a kiss. Her eyes went wide.