16 - sunrise

!! There is quite a spoiler from my other book in this chapter so just beware if you plan on reading 'Between Us' !!

Mommy Milas Pov
.....

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap.

"Would you stop? Please." Carter grits out and I lean back on my chair, glaring at him.

"No." I give him a smug smile and continue to tap my foot repeatedly.

Tap tap tap tap tap tap t-

I don't even get a chance to continue before his hand lands on the skin just above my knee. "Mila. I'm trying to listen to the video about essay techniques, and I can't fucking focus with the tapping."

He whisper-hisses as I roll my eyes, fiddling with my fingers, trying to ignore his hand on my leg, which he doesn't seem to have any plans on removing.

Ms Hart shushes the two of us, narrowing her eyes at me when I kick him in the shin under our desk and Carter grabs it out of reflex.

Thankfully, she didn't see the hand on my knee since the classroom is in darkness. Plus, Ms Hart can barely see two feet in front of her without those big blue glasses she loves so much.

I've tried to gift her nicer ones, even the Louis Vuitton ones until she notified me that I bought sunglasses instead of the prescription ones. Whoops?

Half way into the video, that freshman bitch—Avery— comes stumbling into class, she's late and she's sloppy.

She glares at me so I glare back, except I've had years of practicing eye contact, so she looks away before me.

Ha. I win. Loser.

I try to focus my attention back to the video we are supposed to be watching when Carter leans in, pointing vaguely towards Avery. "Why don't we like her again?"

We?

We.

"Called me a bitch, stepped out of her lane when she knows how easily I could end her." Carter scoffs, crossing his arms as he leans back in his chair, matching the position I'm seated in.

"So we hate her. Noted."

We.
As in us.
As in Carter and I.

A couple minutes later, the bell finally rings and I spring up from my seat, avoiding the awkward walk to our lockers with Carter.