Saga 2: Dark Cacao x M! Reader

"A what?" You questioned, eyes widening when Raion announced the news. "A marriage proposal to unite the two kingdom," he stated again. You slammed your hand down, tired of the Chocolate Emperor's persistence. You felt Pure Vanilla massage your shoulders, laying his head on your shoulder. "Dear, maybe you should try and talk to him rather than keep denying his proposals."

"Why should I? He's such a persistent loser," you grunted and waved towards Raion, allowing him to set the paper down. You wrote a refusal note on your three provided lines of space and sent him on his way, leaning into your twin's touch. "I do wonder why he's so enthralled with you," Pure Vanilla muttered aloud. You yearned to tell him, never having kept a secret from him before. Yet you couldn't.

At least, not yet. You'd been secretly harboring invasion plans for a while. Your army was prevalent with mages and marksman, though it's charges were weaker. At the very least, you knew you'd have the Cheese Kingdom on your side. They'd never gotten along well with Chocolate and typically supported any side opposing them.

A knock on the door made you both jump, Pure Vanilla sitting in his respective spot. "Entry approved," you called, face returning to it's monotone state. Emotions had to be hidden around anyone not trusted within the palace. However, a smile briefly flashed over your face when Pastry and Red Velvet entered. Both bowed, slowly inching closer to the thrones. "May I speak, your majesty?"

You looked to Pure Vanilla, his nod confirming your suspicions. They wanted to marry. "Granted," you murmured with a small smirk. "If your majesties have no objections," Red Velvet started, gripping at his tie. "I would like to ask for the approval of marrying duchess Pastry."

Your eyes glinted with delight, looking down at Pastry. She gave a small smile and you nodded, tapping your armrest. "I see no reason to object. Though, I will only grant this if you allow us to throw a party," Pure Vanilla jumped in. He was the high priest, so only if you had an objection could he not immediately marry a royal couple. The two's eyes widened and they both babbled thanks, bowing and gracing your names.

You stood and headed down towards the man who would marry your cousin, gripping his shoulder tightly. You heard Pastry scoff as Red Velvet looked you dead in the eyes. "Don't test my patience. If you harm her at all; your head will be a prize for my wall. Do good by her, understand?" He frantically nodded, smiling back at his now fiance.

Letting go, you sighed. "Truffle, come here!" A small man with white hair came running in, a list of events in hand. "What do we have scheduled for the fourteenth of August?" You asked, eyes gleaming. "You have a business meeting with another group of men from the Chocolate Ki-"

"Cancel it. Let the newspaper know that Duchess Pastry and Earl Red Velvet are to be married the day after the party of the fourteenth." Truffle immediately crossed things out, nodding and running towards the south palace wing. "Well, that settles that." Pastry squealed and hugged Red Velvet, dashing off her to room with him in tow.

"That was unordinary for you," you heard your brother snicker.

"Was it?"

"It was. I don't think you care even that much about me."

"I do care; who else would sit in for all of the meetings I hate?"

"Maybe Raion would take over?"

"Raion is a poor noble with a new status; I doubt it."

You ended the conversation there, noting the time to be around two. "I have a tea party with the nobles in an hour. I'll see you at dinner." Pure Vanilla watched you head away, a small smirk tinting his lips as he pulled out the real proposal document. "Oh my dear, I already know your issues," he muttered with a smile. "But you're starting to get. In. My. Way."