39.

—

"Try to keep it cool. Got it kiddo?", I smiled provokingly, which worked. His heart was beating way faster.

He immediately jumped up and said loudly with gold beta eyes :"Don't call me like that!".

Scott wanted to get up and try to calm Liam down, but I gave him a sign that I could handle it. So I stood up, leaning over the table so I'd be closer to Liam:"Or what? You wanna explode and attack me here in front of everyone?".

"You're obviously trying to make me do that", he hissed even more aggressive than last time.

"Firstly: Everyone will see you, the real you and call you crazy", I answered.

Before I was able to continue, he cut me off:"I don't fucking care. They already think I'm crazy anyways. Secondly?".

"You will always loose", I finished with a cold voice and made my eyes shortly light up in their red color, which made him flinch shortly,"So don't freak out and attack everyone just because they're provoking you".

"You're Right", Liam gave in and we sat back down,"But how am I supposed to do that?".

Stiles and Scott exchanged surprised glares, that I was able to calm him down. I answered his question:"I'm a vampire and I'm able to sit next to humans in school, even though I can smell their blood, which is provoking me to take a bite".

"How do you stay calm?", Liam said now embarrassed that he didn't have such control like I do.

"Ignore the provocation. Know that you're better than that", I explained,"Because you are better, than the guys on the opponents team. We all know, you don't need to prove it by turning".

"Exactly", Stiles agreed and gave Liam a thumbs up, thinking everything was now finished.

"Then how can I prove it?", Liam asked.

"You don't need to", Scott spoke up but his beta ignored him, he obviously wanted an answer from me.

"Beat their ass", I winked, making Liam smile wide,"But stay human, or I'll drag you off that field".

His smiled was gone again and he gave Stiles and Scott a questioning look. Both answered in unison:"She's not joking".

It was the evening of the lacrosse play. I was on my way to sit next to Allison and Lydia on the bleachers, but someone grabbed my arm and pulled me away.