Chapter Two

"Your Highness." The voice was soft and I jumped, grasping my chest at the fright. A young looking fair folk stood before me and she dropped into a low curtsy. "Prince Rhothomir has summoned me to help you dress for your celebration." She stood up tall and I blinked at her before giving a slightly grateful smile.

"Thank you. I don't know where to start." I gestured to the dress and the female smiled back before moving over and tugging in my chemise. I grasped it tightly in my hands, feeling shocked and she bowed her head.

"To wear our clothes, you cannot have such cumbersome clothes on." The explanation was quick and despite how shocked I was and the faint shiver I got, I nodded and the fair folk woman quickly pulled my under garments off before she moved to the wardrobe and pulled out some other thin looking clothes. "I understand your people are modest, you can wear these underneath your dresses until you are used to our ways." She gave me a smile and I looked at the strange pants before I stepped into them they hugged my legs and my form and felt strange but I felt a lot less naked than I had before.

With that taken care of she helped me put on the green dress. It was simpler than I thought it would be until she started wrapping the flowing material around me. It was tight but not cumbersome. The fabric lay on my form, showing off curves that made me blush. I was so used to my corsets and my tight laced dresses that having so much of my natural curve exposed made me feel nearly naked despite how carefully I was covered up. Princesses were not supposed to wear dresses that hugged their form like this one was, they were supposed to conform to the shape given by corsets. It was seen as...uncouth to be dressed as I was.

My face was red as the woman twisted the material across my shoulders and then tied it down my arm before tying the ends around my wrists, giving me billowing sleeves. She touched my arm with wide eyes. "You are sun kissed." She looked at me before immediately untying my wrists and uncovering my shoulders and retying the ends around my upper arms, letting the material fall freely, much like the flowing material that moved around my legs. "We must show them off." She clucked her tongue as her fingertips trailed across my shoulders. "These are lucky, you know. Very lucky." She bowed her head at me, giving me a happier smile before she walked to the wardrobe and pulling out some slippers. They looked satin and she quickly helped me put them on before she pulled out a bronze tiara. It looked like twisted branches of a tree and she carefully placed it on my head. The weight was light and it felt comfortable enough resting as it was on my curls.

"There! You look wonderful." She beamed at me and I felt myself blush. "Your Highness, she is ready." She bustled towards the window that Prince Rhothomir had walked through. She moved to the desk, grasping the bowl and the pins.

My heart pounded in my chest as he reappeared in the room, closing the large window-door behind him. His dark eyes landed on me and he stilled before a smile crept across his face. "You look enchanting, wife." He said it softly and my cheeks flushed hotly and I looked down at the floor, unsure of how to process the compliment. "Shall we?" I glanced back up at him and he held out his hand towards me. I swallowed hard and nodded. I moved over to him, feeling like my heart was going to pound out of my chest as I slipped my hand into his. He kissed the back of it gently before he lead me back out the door and down the hall once again.

The dress swirled around my legs and it was strange wearing the tight pants I was wearing. I was so used to my flowing chemise and my stiff corsets that feeling as free as I did with my movements was utterly odd. I ran my free hand down the front of the green dress, swallowing hard.

"Do not fret, wife. You look lovely and I like how Etralise kept your shoulders bare. You have more of the sun's kisses along them." His voice was smooth and when I glanced at him, my face bright red, he wasn't looking at me. "It is considered great luck to be born with the sun's marks on your skin. You have been blessed a fair bit, wife. It is good to show off your great fortune." The words made my cheeks feel like they were glowing red hot. I had never had anyone tell me my freckles were something special or good. They had always been covered up and I had always been told they were an unseemly blemish to be hidden.