"Good old-fashioned loverboy"

CTTO: kitasgloves

summary: Camilo has found himself smitten by a certain someone in town, the rest of the Madrigal family is willing to do everything in their power to get him and that someone together

genre: fluff, songfic

note: gender-neutral reader. I do not speak fluent Spanish and all of the Spanish here is translated from google, feel free to correct me if I got something wrong though I will refrain from using too much Spanish. This also takes place after Casita was rebuilt.

warnings: none

He has seen you before but never did he fully take the time to really look at you. It was that Camilo realizes he made a mistake, he should've looked at you a long time ago whenever he caught your figure in the corner of his eye. You looked so heavenly. He gets ecstatic when you smile, his heart flutters when he hears you laugh. Your existence just had him high and head over heels in love with you.

Though Camilo was hopelessly stuck admiring you from afar. He'll let out a heavy sigh with a sad smile upon his lips, wishing he part of your world. Of course, he thought about saying hello to you but when he got at least a meter away from you, his body began to convulse with utter nervousness. He thought he was the most confident in the Madrigal family, yet here you are turning him to the exact opposite without even trying. He was terrified of saying something wrong or accidentally causing something that you'll find distasteful and will drive you further away. His heart couldn't handle it.

Camilo sighs for the nth time, his chin resting on the palm of his hand as he gazed out of the window. He watched you play with the children, it was endearing. He even thought about shapeshifting into one of the kids and blending in if it means getting close to you, then he chickened out, thinking he'll screw up and you'll find out it was him then you'll say something that will shatter him and-

"Dios mio, hermano, when will you stop ogling [Name]?"

Camilo chokes on his spit the turns to see Dolores and his cousins. Dolores had her arms crossed, looking unpleased, the others looked equally the same. His flustered face was replaced with a roll of his eyes.

"Cállate, my fascination for them is none of your business"

He tells them. Isabela scoffs, annoyed by her primo's reply.

"You're such a cobarde, Camilo"

Isabela says. His face turns sour at the insult. He turns to look at her and sticks out his tongue at her. Camilo gets back to admiring you by the windowsill, you were telling stories to the children with a glimmer in your eyes. He hears you laughing and his heart simply flutters. It was disgustingly obvious that he was lovestruck with you, and it was annoying the majority of the Madrigals.

"Come on, primo. When are you planning to confess?"

Maribel groans. But she was ignored by Camilo who was busy enjoying the sight of you from afar. He looked beyond smitten, if it was possible, there were hearts in his eyes and it's driving the rest of the grandchildren insane.

"¡Esto es tan molesto! We have to do something about this"

Dolores exclaims. And like the big-brained older sister that she was, an idea pops in her head. She tells the others to acquire help from their parents. Basically, they were going to set you and Camilo up in hopes it would make him confess. The others cheered and immediately started discussing the parts of the plan until they scattered away to begin.