𝓒𝓪𝓻𝓵 𝓖𝓻𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼 🧟‍♂️

HES 18 IN THE STORY - also i'm only in third season so this doesn't exactly follow story line.

warning : pregnancy test, pregnancy scare

carl had been gone for the day, so i spent my time writing in my notebook. i recorded are day to days and anything important happening.

i had helped with the breakfast and lunch then hung out a little. i usually spent my days with carl and helped with anything that involved me around him, so i hated when he was on runs.

right now, we lived in a abandoned small town. keeping everything close and watching out for everyone.

i heard a knock on the door and looked up. " carl! " i smiled installed and got up, walking over and giving him a hug. he gave me a small kiss.

" i missed you. " he held his arm around me and i kept my arms around his neck.

" you've only been gone for a couple hours. " i laughed. " but i missed you too. " i smiled and gave him another quick kiss.

" yeah, it was a short run. we just wanted to look around the area, didn't really get anything. " he sighed. " but, i did get to explore the other side of town and i got you something. "

he removed his hand and i backed away a little from him for him to remove a bag from behind his back. " oh, what is it? " i asked trying to look in the bag.

" there was a pharmacy over there, " he explained. " so i decided to get the first thing. " he pulled out a couple boxes of condoms throwing them onto are bed. it was a really good thing to stack up.

" always, needed. " i smiled.

" then i got this. " he pulled a pregnancy test.

" why? " i looked up at him.

" cause i know you missed last month, so i thought it would be a good idea to make sure. " he smiled, but i didn't. he held the box out for me but i wouldn't take it.

" i'm not taking that. " i pointed and really moved away from him this time. crossing my arms and stepping back.

" y/n what's the problem? " he looked at me. we've had the talk about kids before, mainly cause we had to at such a young age, to keep the human race oh going. but i still wanted time before kids.

" you know that my periods have never been on a actual schedule, so one month is fine. it's not like i'm growing a tummy. " i laughed it off.

" then take it, if it's not gonna be anything. " he tried to hand them to me again.

" no. " i smiled.

" it's just a test, means nothing. "

" carl, why do you want kids so badly? " i asked.

" this is not about wanting kids y/n. " he looked at me. i was trying to change the subject.

" well yes it is. you know that i will make you a father... one day. not right now. " i kept my arms crossed.

" you're right. we will have a family one day and it doesn't have to be right now. i just am asking you to take the test. we can look at results together. please?" we stood together for a moment. i looked into his eyes and that s when i realized, i couldn't say no to him anymore.

" fine. " i snatched the test form his hand and walked over to are bathroom. i opened up the box and took out the test, then opening that wrapper to.

carl took off his jacket and threw it on the bed before coming to stand in the bathroom doorway. i pulled down my pants and then sat on the toilet.

when i went to put the test underneath me, i looked up at him. " it's not polite to stare. " he threw his hands up in defense and then looked the other way.

i put the test underneath me and peed on it. placing it on the bathroom counter before getting up and pulling up my pants.

as i flushed the toilet, great about this place running water even if it was cold, and washed my hands, carl picked up the box.

" says it takes three minutes. a plus means positive, one line means negative. " he smiled. i still looked grumpy at him as i walked out and sat on the bed.

carl came back and sat with me. at first we kept silence and then i spoke up cause i couldn't take silence. " so, what if it is positive? "

" then your pregnant, and we will be parents. " he smiled.

" yea, but what are we supposed to do? in this town we don't have diapers, or formula, or anything to sooth the baby, where are they gonna sleep? " i asked.

" slow down. " he laughed. " first we can talk to my dad and a couple people who know how to raise a baby. then, after we start trying to prepare. we can go on runs looking for supplies. but before any of that. " he leaned in a little. " we actually make sure you're pregnant. " he gave me a kiss on the forehead.

" i'm not. " i spoke trying to really sound true.

" we will see. " he moved hair out of my face. we spent a moment just looking at each other and smiling.

i took a deep breath and sighed, wiping my hands on my jeans. i looked back and fourth of the bathroom and him. " well you go, this was your idea. "

" ok. " he got up and walked into the bathroom. picking up the test and looking. " negative. " carl smiled just a little but i could tell it was a sad smile.

i sighed into my hands like i could finally take a breath. " ok. " i stood up and walked up to carl. i placed both of my hands on the side of his arms so he looked down at me. still with the test in hand.

" carl, i know you want kids. you can't wait for the day you become a father, but right now is not the time. " i smiled. rubbing his arm with my thumb. " i'm not ready. "

"  i know. " he looked at the test and placing it on the sink. he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug. we held each other for a moment. before he lifted away and gave me a kiss. " i love you."

" i love you too. " i smiled and gave him another quick kiss. when i pulled away he pulled me back in. he wanted more. he pulled me into his chest and kept kissing.

i let him keep kissing me before the kissing dropped to my neck. i needed to push him away really quick. " ok, cowboy slow down. " i pushed him away. " how about we go and eat dinner, then sex. " i smiled.

" fine. dinner first. " he sighed and then smiled quickly.