Chapter 4

Edited Chapter
What Amara is wearing to bed.

Edited ChapterWhat Amara is wearing to bed

Amara's POV

After three hours of horror movies with Billy and Stu, they ended up having to leave. I honestly wanted to beg them to stay but decided against it.

I decide to take a shower, and just water run my body for a while. My thoughts were filled with a boy I shouldn't have feelings for. The way he stared at me earlier was dangerous but I loved it.

His touch. His voice. It all drove me crazy. I did my usual routine of scrubbing my skin with vanilla-scented soap. I'm obsessed with having smooth skin.

As much as it hurt me to move away,
it also gave me the confidence I would've never gotten being in Woodsboro. I would've been weak if I stayed.

I get out and wrap myself in a towel. I grab another towel to dry out my hair as I for a pajama gown.

I look at my bed to see one already sitting there. I think to myself not remembering picking it out or leaving it there at all today. I knew I shouldn't have brushed it off but I did because I was tired and just wanted to sleep.

I unwrapped myself from the towel and slowly lotioned my body trying not to miss any spots and quickly slipped on my nightgown. I put just a little more lotion on my neck and chest before I walked over to my purse pulling out the paper Sidney gave me with all her friend's numbers.

Gotta admit it was sweet of her maybe I can try to like her.

I decided to call Tatum and tried to dial the number, but the phone already rang making me jump.

I looked down to see my mom's number calling through the landline and sighed in relief. "Hey, mom."

"Hey, I was just checking on you. Wanted to tell you I'm gonna be a few more hours." She says in a sad tone.

"It's okay Mom I can take care of myself, I'm proud of you," I say genuinely. "It means a lot to hear you say that, don't stay up all night. I love you."

"Love you more," I reply before she disconnects. I go to hang up the phone but it quickly rings again in my hand. "Hello."

"Hello, Amara I've missed you."

I suddenly felt dizzy, this was the same person who murdered Casey. I quickly grab my bat Betsy from under the bed keeping it close, before hanging up the phone not responding to him.

I stare at the phone, making swinging motions toward it but The phone immediately rings again making me jump and squirm.

I quickly pick up the phone, pulling the bat by my side. "Awe baby I thought you'd be happy to hear from me." He teases.