Chapter Thirty-One: Unexpected

Its been a week since we threw the L-bomb and its almost been 3 months that we've stayed together in Australia.

I never felt contented in life.

I've been sick this past few days.

Dizzy and would sometimes vomit but I knew it was nothing. Some kind of food poisoning maybe from the cream soup we've eaten a few nights ago in some restaurant.

Luke has been busy with work lately, I only see him at mornings but sometimes he would surprise me by getting off work early and give me cute little treats like a rose or a cake. Anything that he feels like giving me.

He was aware that I'm really sick so he called off work today so he could take care of me. Even if I already told him millions of times that I'm fine and there is nothing to worry about.

I feel like a mess and a slob at the moment, a little embarrassed that Luke gets to see me sick.

I would sometimes faint and it really made him worried. I don't even go out of the house to explore but I guess I'm not really into the outdoors as of the moment.

"The doctor will be here in a few, babe. Just rest. We've been so busy lately that you're stressing yourself too much. Are you sure you don't need anything?" He asks, sitting on my side of the bed as he look at me. He looks really worried and I don't like it one bit. I'm holding him back from work.

I shook my head, "I'm fine. You have me on bed arrest so I have no complains." I laughed.

He kissed me but I pulled away as soon as his lips pressed against mine.

"Luke, I'm sick you'll get infected too-"

"But you being naked while on bed arrest sounds so hot I can't contain myself-" He digs his lips on my collar bone and down my neck.

"You'll catch a bug too. I don't want that to happen." I tried pushing him away but he just wouldn't budge. He continued leaving his marks on my neck.

"I want to get sick too if you are. We will always be in this together." I laughed at his witty comment.

I finally gave in, letting him hover on top of me, as soon as I took his shirt off and things were getting heated up, there was a knocking on our door.

He pulled up groaning and complaining and cursing.

I laughed at him for being so childish and threw a pillow at him before he descend the stairs.

A few minutes came and he was back, together with a doctor trailing behind him.

"How are you feeling today, Miss Tatum?" The doctor with a white beard exclaimed, he looked like Santa Claus..only thinner and taller.

"I've been fainting a lot lately and I don't know its weird." I laughed sitting up and resting my back against the headboard. Luke sat beside me, holding my hand and watching carefully as the doctor which was named Dr. Alistair Reed do a check up on me.

He checked my breathing and etcetera. Did this and that. Asked questions which had easy answers. He kept jotting down notes.

"So, doctor..is she going to be okay? Do we have any problems or-" Luke was cut off by Dr. Reed's cough.

"I'm happy to say that she's perfectly fine and everything is normal. Congratulations to the both of you. Miss Tatum here is expecting. 3 weeks pregnant to be exact." He smiled.

My heart burned.

How..how can I be pregnant? This is wrong. I can't be pregnant! I made sure..I made sure that-