Shutting You Up With A Kiss (Narrator x Reader)

Fluff

Third person POV

You sat at the kitchen counter with a glass of wine, waiting for your boyfriend to come back from work. It was quite late and Grant had promised that he would stop coming back to this late work shift and overworking himself.

You finally looked up from your glass once you heard the front door unlock. Your tired
boyfriend walked in, taking his shoes off.

"You still up?" His voice tired but soft. He
probably noticed you by the kitchen light being on since he wasn't even looking at you.

"Yeah. Um.. I thought we agreed that you
wouldn't over-work again." Your monotone
voice caused him to turn around in order to see if you were mad.

"Baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stay out that long I just wanted to get the work done-" you cut him off before he could finish the sentence you've heard so many times.

"I know. You always want to get the work done right but do you know how hard it is for me?" Your hand placed your glass down on the counter and you walked over to him, "Do you know how hard it is for me to be with you when I don't see you at all? This is the reason that we made this agreement. So I can see you and not feel
alone."

You licked your lips in order to keep the from crusting up as the tears pilled up in your eyes.

"I don't know if it means the same to you. You are gone for 12 hours a day, and you expect me to be okay with that? Well I am not. I'm sorry if that doesn't please you but I don't-" Grant cut you off by placing his lips to yours.

His kiss was soft and gentle, making you melt and finally let your tears out. Once he felt it, his hand moved your cheek in order to wipe them. He pulled away still wiping your cheek.

"Okay. No more late work shifts. Ever." His lips formed a small smile in order to reassure you.

You wiped your tears and nodded with flat lips.

"How about we go to bed?" He grabbed your waist.

"Okay." You smiled and kissed his cheek.

A/N: okay this was too fucking cute guys 😭