Chapter 8

Caitlin's POV (a slight summary of Abducted by a Hot Vampire with a Sense of Humour: Maximus, Chapter 30 as well)

It takes a couple of hours but I finally achieve the long distance back to the underground palace through hitch-hiking, walking and finally finding a taxi closer to the city. I walk my way through the halls, nervous because so many vampires had abused me over the years and I didn't want a hungry one deciding I was a delicious quick meal. I knew how to avoid them however - which was simply stating how I had to eat before I gave blood next. It usually worked and occasionally didn't but it was the best excuse. Most vampires wanted healthy, strong, fresh flowing blood anyway. It satisfied them more.

On the way to Jennifer's I bump into Isobel, who asks if I am okay and I ask if Jennifer is around but she doesn't know exactly where she is. She looks at me suspiciously though for some reason as I talk to her and I think it is because I must sound nervous. Luckily for me she is just passing by and I get to continue on my way to Jennifer and Darrius' room before she questions me further about how I was.

I didn't honestly know how I was going to manage to kill Jennifer but I had to suss out the situation and see what was happening back at the palace before I made a move on my assassination attempt. I still couldn't believe I was in this position. When did I ever have to kill anyone? Never, I didn't have any blood on my hands.

I guess in the following week I would soon be guilty of murder.

But how else was I to save Abbey? In the end I would probably be found out and be killed in retribution but I had no choice but to follow Eddrick's orders.

I finally make it to Jennifer's room and I can hear numerous voices coming from inside. I guess my first test was to see if I could manage to get her alone.

I knock on the door.

Jennifer's POV (This is the second half of Abducted by a Hot Vampire: Prince Darrius, Part 2 Chapter 6)

Maximus takes a shower, a long shower, with the door open so he can hear if I try to escape. I don't plan on it though because I have faith in Darrius and to be honest there was nothing I could do anyway.

Instead I eat the food that Jaime and Raphael bring me, I happily chow down on the sandwich and orange juice.

"Mmmmm," I smile in ecstasy, "How can this sandwich taste so good?"

"Food tastes amazing when you haven't eaten in a while because your vampire forgets to feed you," Jaime grins and Raphael rolls his eyes.

"I always remember to feed you, Jaime," he growls and she just shakes her head at me.

"He's a liar," she says and I nod.

"Yep, I believe you," I say, grinning while trying to chew at the same time.

"I hope Meredith's magic works," Jaime says out of the blue, "The spell that will hold Eddrick off - it better bloody work."

"It's worked so far, hasn't it?" I ask, finishing off the sandwich and putting the plate on the bedside table. Jaime and I both jump a little when there is a knock at the door.

I have an odd feeling about the knock, and Jaime's look also tells me she feels the same way. Heh, must be a twin thing.

"Who is it?" Raphael stands up and looks at the door suspiciously.

"Caitlin!" the girl calls out. Jaime looks confused but I let out a sigh of relief and Raphael looks to me.

"A friend?" he asks.

"Yes," I nod, "You can let her in."

Raphael goes to open the door and I grin when Caitlin comes into the room. Except she looks a little nervous, I'm not sure why. Jaime - for some unbeknownst reason, glares at the girl with suspicion.