Chapter 4: The Other Side

~Max~

The next day I woke up just as the sun came up. I figured that I might as well explore the place. Since I slept in my clothes I threw off my covers and put on my boots. I quickly put my hair up in a messy bun and grabbed my bow. I headed down the ladder.

As I reached the ground I saw that no one else was up. I smiled as I realized that I could do whatever I want now. I walked out of camp and into the forest. I took in my surroundings as I walked. Vegetation. That's all there was. Trees, plants, you name it. It was boring.

I saw a clearing. I ran to it and saw that it led to a cliff. The view was breath taking. It was better than the view from the window.

I took a seat on the egde, with my feet dangling. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I felt the wind blow through my clothes, my hair, and brushed against my face.

"Well love, you're just everywhere now aren't you." a voice laughed.

I opened my eyes to see Pan, very close to my face, flying over the edge. Frightened, i let out a yell and stubled on my feet, but only to fall once i got away from the ledge. He grinned as he watched me struggle.

"Not funny Pan!" i yelled as i climbed to my feet. He floated up into the air continuing his devilish grin.

As he landed I crossed my arms.

"Are you following me?"

"No, it's just that wherever I go you are there." He answered.

I take my time to get a good look at him. He's telling the truth.

"I find that very had to beleive." I lied. He smirked.

"You're lying love." he answered. i put my hands up in the air.

"Fine, I give up!" I yelled.

"Good." he chuckled "You were never going to win."

I gave him a smug smile. He took a step towards me and extended his hand. "Come with me. I want to show you something."

I turn around unsure of his offer. I grip my bow and reached for his hand. He looked at my bow. "You don't need that love."

Then my bow disappeared. I turned to Pan ready to blow when he spoke up.

"Don't worry, it's back at camp."he assured.

I bit my lip and closed my eyes. I grabbed his hand and felt my feet lift off the ground. My grip around his hand tightened. I felt Pan put his hand on my back, gripping me closer. My arms linked around his neck and i buried my head into his chest.

"I hate heights." I mumbled. This earned a chuckle from Pan.

"Open your eyes." he whispered. I shook my head and earned another soft chuckle. I was terrified! Ever since my mother got banished she kept me in that horrid tower. 'For your own safety.' she said locking the door. My hand instantly went to my neck as I felt the key to my room. I shivered as the memory came rushing back.

"Trust me."continued Pan.

I slowly opened my eyes only to feel the wind's sting. It was bright, but beautiful. I extended my neck out and felt the breeze through my hair. We soon landed and his grip around me loosened. I found myself frowning at his action. I looked up at the teenage boy in front of me.

"Happy that you looked now love?" he smirked.

"Yeah." I nodded

"Why don't you like heights?" he asked. His curiosity bothered me, but i was flattered that he asked such a thing. I decided that he waited long enough.