"That's incredibly illegal, and not to mention dangerous." Clementine gasped. "What could you possibly need thorned ichor for?"

"Someone stole it from my supply." Draco explained, "The petals are vital to a lot of antidotes of hard to break curses. I keep some on hand just in case of the worst, but now it's gone missing."

"Maybe you misplaced it." Clementine suggested. "There are lots of bottles in your cupboard, maybe it got shoved—"

"I didn't lose anything." Draco sneered, insulted by the accusation, "I check my inventory twice a week. It was just there, and now it's not."

"The thorns are lethal, Draco." Clementine hissed, "Not to mention the fact that they're used in all kinds of occult rituals. I wouldn't even know where to find something like that if I tried. Absolutely not. Who would have even taken that sort of thing?"

"I'm assuming one of the seventh year students who read about the hallucinogenic properties it possesses. I'm going to give them detention into the next millennium if I find out who did it." Draco's upper lip twitched, "Keep an eye out for anyone acting suspicious."

"Next time keep something so important like that locked up." Clementine warned him. She closed her eyes and pressed the bridge of her nose with her fingers, "Gods! I'm too hungover for this shite so early in the morning. Come back to Hogwarts! McGonagall said to me. Nothing strange happens here anymore! What a bloody lying bint."

"Miss Beaumont." McGonagall's voice came from behind her. Clementine turned around to meet her disappointing gaze. "A word, please."

"I'll be right there." Clementine squeaked.

"I'll be in my office." McGonagall turned to leave.

Once she was far enough out of earshot Draco began to snicker.

"It's not funny!" Clementine pushed him lightly in the chest, "Why didn't you say something to me? You just let me call McGonagall a bint to her face!"

"Where would be the fun in that?" Draco quirked a brow. He was enjoying this a bit too much for Clementine's liking.

Clementine groaned, "I did not miss you getting me in trouble all the time."

"You did that all to yourself. I remember." Draco smirked, and it made Clementine's heart flutter.

"I have to go..." Clementine started to walk away. She pushed her hair in her face so he wouldn't see the flush in her cheeks. "Think about what I said about being nice, yeah?"

"I'll consider it." Draco called after her, "But no promises."

Clementine turned to look back, and saw him watching her walk down the hall. His eyes on her skin made it feel like it was on fire. She tried to pull herself back together before reaching McGonagall's office.

"Miss Beaumont, thank you for being so prompt." McGonagall greeted her when she finally arrived a few minutes later. It felt like a subtle nod to the fact she was always so late.

"What did you want to speak to me about, Headmistress?" Clementine sat down in the seat across from her desk. She felt nervous, almost like she was going to be sent to detention.

Minerva's face softened as she looked at her, "We can stop with such formalities. You're a Professor now, and we are equals. You can call me Minerva if you'd like, Clementine."

"Thank you, Minerva." Clementine blushed. It felt weird calling her by her first name.

"I just wanted to see how you're adjusting." Minerva looked at Clementine with concern, "It's hard coming in mid-quarter, I know. The students haven't been giving you a hard time have they?