vibes

::::::

oh, she says i'm out of her league
i don't think so
i'm not ready to leave, but I should go
there's such a wonderful breeze from the window
and now we're takin' it down like a free throw
and i'm ready if you're ready to go
just say the word, just say the word
please say the word

- vibes : chase atlantic

::::::

(relevant to chapter 67  and 68 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

"y'know, draken told me that takemichi thought ema was cheating on him with mikey." chifuyu laughed. he and y/n were sitting together in a ramen shop, talking about anything and everything. the conversation flowed easily due to their chemistry. neither of them were brave enough to call it a date, but they bought thought it.

"but draken told me they were half-siblings?"

"i know." chifuyu laughed; it was pretty cute, according to y/n. "takemichi's such a knucklehead."

they were previously talking about the fact that they went to the same school but had never encountered each other. chifuyu was quite quick to change the topic, finding his old delinquent self embarrassing. there was a good chance she hadn't heard of him, and he wanted to keep it that way.

"the other day, i was talking to my friend..." y/n said, to which chifuyu nodded, indicating for her to continue.

"i told her about you," chifuyu's stomach filled with butterflies. she talked about him to her friends? however, the rest of her sentence wasn't as enjoyable.

"and she said you were quite the punk in our 1st year." it was amusing for y/n to see his reaction. his cheeks were seemingly replaced by tomatoes, and he buried his head in his hands.

"she didn't have a picture, did she?" he didn't want her to see his old hairstyle. it was too awful.

"oh, no. but she did tell me about your hair." chifuyu nearly screamed into his hands when she said that. y/n reached across the table and pulled his hair into a mohawk, and started giggling uncontrollably. he swatted her hands away. now he had two reasons to blush.

"i've never seen you beat someone up, but i could imagine it." she didn't exactly realise she had said that aloud; she was quite pre-occupied with trying to get the thought that him in a fight would be hot out of her head.

"stooopp, it's so embarrassing." he groaned. "i'm glad i met baji-san. he bullied me into getting rid of it."

y/n could tell chifuyu's tone turned much softer at the mention of baji, and she smiled.

one of y/n's best decisions that day was asking how he had met baji. that of course led to photos of nerd-baji, and the two laughed a lot more than they had in a while.

...

chifuyu crossed the street next to y/n, heading towards his bike. they were going to a toman meeting. takemichi had told her that mikey had an announcement for him. 

"have you been on a bike before?" chifuyu asked while he handed her his helmet. 

"hell, yeah. my dad used to have one." she hopped onto the bike behind him, and wrapped her hands around his waist. chifuyu knew she would do that, but it actually happening felt much better than thinking about it.

the drive to the meeting wasn't long, and when they arrived, they saw takemichi strutting around in a shiny, new toman uniform. 

"hah, what a loser." y/n said, because he looked so goofy, receiving a chuckle from chifuyu. 

"i'll see you after, yeah?"

"mhm" y/n went to her usual bench, absent of ema for some reason.

the meeting started, and y/n could never get used to how cool mikey looked standing up there, all high and mighty. 

y/n searched for chifuyu in the crowd (definitely not so she could stare at him the whole meeting), and she finally found him. next to mikey. and... a valhalla member? no- wasn't he the one from mobius?

y/n didn't think any more about it. mostly because she would much rather think about chifuyu, and how attractive he looked, standing up there. 

"we're here to conclude" mikey shouted, "bloody halloween!" 

::::::