Finding the birthstone and Gatto tries to eat us?

————<•>————

"We'd be sacrificing you first ginger"————<•>————

————<•>————

School starts with the wail of the bell as classes began, however, Coach Lawrence had begun the lesson already as he stood in front of a projector. The image on the screen had made it clear that we were learning about the human body—which was bound to be amusing with Coach Lawrence as our teacher.

"The teeth tear and chew, grinding the food into paste before it's swallowed. Then, it travels down the windpipe...I mean esophagus." Coach Lawrence stumbles out as he awkwardly looks towards the class, pulling at the collar of his shirt.

I laugh quietly before I leaned over towards where Jim's sitting, a playful smile on my face as I continue our previous conversation.

"So...the reason you were late and covered in dirt was because you were fighting a mud monster?" I ask him with a bewildered face.

"While there was some gnarly troll watching you? Talk about creepy." Toby says with a shiver.

"I know. It was like he was studying me." Jim whispers as all our eyes widen.

"I'm sorry I didn't follow you, I could've helped" I sigh.

"It's fine, there was nothing you could do" Jim says with a small smile.

"Nothing I could do? I could've shot an energy blast at it or something!" I whisper back with narrowed eyes.

"Yeah, well you could've gotten hurt and I can't let that happen, so it's better if you're away from the mud monsters trying to kill me" Jim says making me sigh and turn around in my seat.

Stupid Jim always playing the stupid hero card. That boy has a serious hero complex.

My attention went back to Coach Lawrence who had an awkward time speaking.

"To the guts," He continues to explain as he presses his large fist into his palm. "Where the juices break it down into a bubbling nasty soup."

"What are you gonna do?" Claire whispers to Jim and Toby.

"I don't know. I haven't figured that out yet." Jim sighs as he leans his head on his hand.

"So after it weaves through this mess, it comes out the old-" Coach Lawrence awkwardly coughs before continuing. "You know...the back door"

An arm raised suddenly and it was none other than Steve Palchuk.

"Coach?" Steve asks, lowering his arm when he has everyone's attention. "Yeah, thank you. Don't mean to butt in, but I'd like to gas a question?"

The whole class—including me—started laughing at his puns, which had been his goal when he grinned smugly.

"Hey, poo's laughing?" He asks making me try and conceal a laugh with my hand.