006

‎‎

‎‎

𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝕾𝐈𝐗

‎‎

‎‎

TIME HAD STOPPED all around the arena that held hundreds and hundreds of people inside. A long and silent pause filled the air. It was a deadly silence, and it could eat away one's soul, one's entire body.

Enlarged E/C eyes were fixed on the scene that played before her. A slow-motion scene— which killed her mind and thoughts inside. It slowly ripped her apart, then spit out the remains of negativity.

Those negativity turned into horrible thoughts that had started to make Y/N overthink a thousand of things. A long moment passed by, and there she sat; an unreadable yet empty expression plastered on her face.

Hyoma laid on the ground of the soccer grass, clenching his very own right leg's kneecap. Agonizing and painful screams erupted from his mouth repeatedly, crying out the pain that persisted on staying on his kneecap. It was an aching sight overall.

Time returned, giving consciousness back to everyone who originally owned it. Their eyes too, widened in no time. Emergency treatment right from the best society of humanitarian aid was immediately called out to where he laid.

Who would've guessed a day like this would come where the Chigiri Hyoma would accidentally slip and fall into an unpleasant void, far away from his path of victory? Certainly not him, not even the H/C-haired girl, or anyone else. It was truly an unexpected change of events.

The rest of the girl's instincts took over her, as she walked away from her seat, immediately making her way to wherever the infirmary room was. She was going to get there no matter what.

He remembered the face that went through many emotions, not knowing which one to fully set it on. And he was nevertheless, humiliated. He felt betrayed the moment the girl stood up from the stands and walked away, a heart-wrenching in her eyes that he admired and loved so much.

With so much worry taking over her, she couldn't help but feel this uneasy feeling swelling up inside of her. So many things to feel, she didn't even know which one to mainly select— for it was all pointless.

In anticipation she waited. The hurried footsteps of his mother and sister came rushing in through the hallways. And when they saw her, she stood up and gave the two older women a reassuring hug, telling them not to worry so much just yet.

They trusted her, because of how close their son and younger brother had gotten with this girl who seemed way too much like a fallen snowflake from the heavens. So all the three women could do was sit and wait, occasionally bringing up conversations or answer some questions given by the doctor.

What seemed like a few minutes had started to feel like decades, centuries, and a millennia. Just when the two other Chigiri thought about breaking down the door with their natural speed and strength, the doctor appeared out of nowhere. His hand held the results of the young football patient, a sigh escaping his lips.

"Chigiri-kun doesn't want to see anyone yet, and his right leg is, well... damaged."

And Y/N couldn't do more than feel a strong commiseration for the boy she had simply fallen in love with, letting her face contort into the most painful she could ever form.

"I'm sorry."