[30] Now We're Getting Somewhere

Chapter 30 "Now We're Getting Somewhere"

I am dying.

Physically, emotionally, and mentally dying.

My eyes wandered back over to the toilet for the umpteeth time in the past hour, and I suppressed a moan. I never would of thought I was going to die this way...in a jail cell, wearing nothing but a housecoat, and having my bladder explode.

Not to mention with Sylvia spitting out curse words every second. Like does that girl ever shut up?

"Mandy Preston..." Officer Reid called, and my head snapped up so fast I nearly gave myself whiplash. I stood up quickly, but instantly regretted it when my need to pee only worsened.

"Yes?" I asked quietly, walking up to the iron bars that held me in the stupid cell. Officer Reid walked over to my cell door and unlocked it. He slid it open and motioned for me to follow him. I glanced back at Silvia, who shot me a death glare. I stuck my tongue out at her quickly then followed Officer Reid out of the room.

I've never been more grateful but worried in my entire life.

What if he realizes I'm the wanted fugitive? Will I be arrested and brought to an actual prison? The ones with criminals that kill each other with sharpened toothbrushes?! As much as I hate to admit it, I wouldn't last a day in prison. And Tony wouldn't either. He'd either insult someone and they'd murder him on the spot, or he'd try to charm a female prisoner and get stabbed by a toothbrush.

Officer Reid stopped suddenly and I almost ran into him.

"Okay Miss Preston, here's the bathroom," he announced, gesturing towards the door beside him. "You go and do your business, I'll be awaiting right out here so don't try anything."

I nodded vigorously, overwhelmed with relief that I won't be dying today because of my bladder.

"Thank you!" I proclaimed and ran inside. It was a relatively nice bathroom, with one small window secured by bars. Well that completely eliminates any chance of escaping, not that I had enough will power to escape anyways. I did my business and came out of the bathroom, only to be welcomed with a small, blonde female, who was being chastised by Officer Reid.

"Kalissa, I told you I was coming home in two days!" Officer Reid exclaimed to the woman. She stood straighter, facing Reid face to face, a daring look on her face.

"Well pardon me I thought you'd like to know that OUR daughter has been getting into some trouble!" She shot back, an angry look overcoming her features. She was a very beautiful woman, who doesn't look like she should have children at all.

"Lucy?"

"Who else?"

"Well Riley and Rebecca can get into trouble to..."

How many kids does she have?! She looks freaking twenty years old!

"Her singing!" Kalissa exclaimed, " and I'm normally all for her pursing her dreams but she's getting into gangs..." she trailed off when she noticed me standing there, awkwardly listening to their family drama. I expected her to yell at me for listening, or merely ignore me and walk away.

No, that's not what happened whatsoever.

"Why is this girl wearing just a housecoat?!" She exclaimed, pointing at my attire. I pulled it tighter, suddenly feeling self conscious.

"I just took her into custody this morning. Her and another female were causing-"

"This morning?!" Kalissa yelled, cutting her husband off. "She's been here all morning and you didn't think to get her something else to wear?! She probably feels so violated!!"