𝟬𝟬𝟱

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

"The hell." Dane mumbled to himself as stepped into his home, hearing loud wails escape from Deion's mouth. "Deion?" He quickly threw his keys down before jogging up the wooden stairs.

The loud wailing triggered Dane so much. It hurt to listen. The cries were similar to the way she was crying when she was kidnapped, which made him vigilant. "Deion!" He shouted, immediately going to his daughter's aid as she sat in the floor almost in a pool of her own tears.

"Deion," He said a little more gently before grabbing her by her arms and helping to her feet but she collapsed in his arms. "I can't do this." Deion cried. "I don't want to do this."

"What's wrong, baby?" Dane grunted picking Deion up off her feet, carrying her bridal style before gently placing her on her bed.

Not receiving a response, Dane went on to examine her body, making sure her and the baby are okay. He placed two fingers on the pulse of her neck, feeling her pulse beat rapidly. "Okay, you need to calm down." He told her.

"Deion. Deion." He snapped at her, grabbing the panicky girls attention. "Breathe. Look at me." Dane said before demonstrating an inhale and exhale for her. "Breathe." He told her, gently before hearing her sniffles calm down.

You can say that both of them relaxed after the breathing exercise because Deion crying was making Dane anxious as well, but he stayed calm for his daughter. "Okay. Now," He placed his hand on top of hers. "You can tell me what's wrong. You know that, right?"

"I don't want it gone but I want it gone. It's too much and I—I feel like..." Deion trailed off, holding her head before bursting into tears again.

"Hey. Hey. Hey, look at me." Dane grabbed her face. "You just overstimulated right now, okay? You just need a nap and you'll be fine. It's just the hormones, baby. I understand you're going through a lot right now but imma' need you to lay down and relax your nerves." Dane ordered her, lying her down on her side and tucking her in bed.

Her father's calming hand stroked up and down her shoulder, prompting a sudden rush of slumber to overtake her. It seemed as though all of her worries vanished as she slept.

"When you gone learn to be a dad, Dane?" Carly interrupted his thoughts, making him turn around, looking at her lean on the door frame with her arms folded. "You acting like she's your fuckin' friend. That's your daughter. Act like it! " Carly yelled.

A frown came upon Dane's face, looking at Carly like she was crazy. He took a quick glance at a sleeping Deion before looking back at Carly. "I understand y'all 13 years apart in age, but you chose to be her dad! Not her broth—aye. Aye. Aye!" Dane cut Carly off, snapping at her, making her hush in milliseconds.

"Don't you see my daughter sleeping? Is you crazy?" He spat, getting in Carly's face. "She's our daughter." Carly folded her arms over her chest, keeping the same tone, which made Dane push her out of Deion's room and shut the door behind them.

"Well you damn sure ain't actin' like it. You treating our daughter like she a thug off the streets. It's not about bein' her friend, Carly. It's about making sure our daughter is okay above anything else. You too trapped in that toxic cycle of the way yo' parents was parenting you. Did that not mess wit' your mental? Get outta' that!"

"I ain't the happiest that my sixteen year old is pregnant, but what more can we do besides tell her things that she already knew? The least we can do is comfort and be there for her. Don't make this a dreadful pregnancy for my baby. You hear me?"