✩16

okay so i thought of making this ending a happy one or a sad one.

so pls comment with either a red heart or a black one

Damin widened her eyes when she realized that she was late, 15 minutes late at that

Damin widened her eyes when she realized that she was late, 15 minutes late at that. She was so tired the day before that she missed dinner and went straight to bed after showering.

She failed to set her alarm, which has forced her to rush to school right now. She was quite grateful that her dorm was close to the school.

Her stomach grumbled, but it wasn't the most urgent concern at the moment. She hoped against hope that her teacher would let her off the hook this time because she had always been punctual, well, except right now.

Damin was so preoccupied with her own thoughts that she didn't notice a tall boy standing in front of her. She harshly crashed into him and a groan left her lips when her body hit the cold ground.

"I'm so sorry," She quickly said, glancing around for her phone which she dropped.

She looked at her phone, which was a short distance away from her, and brought it back to her palm without hesitation. If the person she bumped into didn't gasp, she probably wouldn't have realized that she used her powers.

Damin came to a complete stop when she realized her mistake. Oh, she messed up real bad. She widened her eyes as she slowly turned around.

"O-oh Jisung, nice to see you." She nervously smiled. She mentally cursed at herself for her carelessness.

"How... how did you do that?" Jisung asked, his mouth agape and appalled written all over his face.

"Do what?" She nervously chuckled as she tried to look as nonchalant as possible.

Instead of responding to her question, he approached her and took her phone, which he then dropped on the ground. It was merely a reaction because she knew she wouldn't be able to fix her phone, let alone buy a new one, if it broke.

Once again, without thinking twice, she stopped it from falling and so, it stayed floating mid-air. She wished she could just turn off her abilities at times, such as right now.

'She's one of us, she's peculiar.'

There was no doubt in his mind that he was mistaken. Something like that could only be done by someone peculiar.

Damin internally grumbled about how the day had only just begun and everything was going wrong.

Mentally preparing herself for a load of questions she'd expected to get, what Jisung did next was totally not what she expected.

Jisung cautiously looked around for any CCTV's and it was a good thing the place they were standing was its blind spot.

He grabbed her wrist and dragged her to one of the janitor's room.

"What are you—"

"Does anybody else know about your peculiarity?" He asked once he shut the door tight. The janitor's room wasn't spacious but it wasn't small either.

"Peculiarity?" She asked. She had only heard those words a few times especially in novels and things like that.

"The thing you did just now." Jisung could see that she was hesitating so he spoke up once again. "You can trust me."

Damin narrowed her eyes at him but replied to his question. "Only Jungwon."

She didn't know why but she felt like she could trust him. Or maybe that's what she hoped at the time. She had expected him to ask a different question but she wasn't complaining anyway.

Jisung let out a small sigh of relief. It was already bad that a normal knew about her peculiarity but he was glad that Jungwon was the only one who knew. Jisung knew the dangers of telling other people about it, especially with wights around.

"So he's the only one?"

Damin then remembered something. Flashbacks of her at Jay's house entered her mind. "Oh uhh..."

As if he knew, Jisung said, "Who else?"

"Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, Sunoo, and Riki."

He pressed his lips into a fine line. "I thought me and Chenle were the only peculiars in this school..."

About 3 months ago, he, Chenle, and Miss Esmée took the time to check if there were any peculiars in this school or in the nearby areas for their own safety.

With having reports about wight sightings, they quickly concluded the search with finding no other peculiar. So finding another peculiar was the last thing on Park Jisung and Zhong Chenle's list.

"Chenle?"

"My friend. Who's your headmaster?"

Damin tried her best to hide her confusion. She really did not have any idea what he was talking about. Totally bewildered by his words, she said the school's headmaster's name. "Mr. Kim?"

"No I mean— never mind. What's your loop date?"

This time, she couldn't hide her confusion anymore. Her eyebrows knitted at his question. "Loop? What's that?"

Jisung looked at her wide-eyed, a gasp escaping his lips. He was actually starting to question whether she really was peculiar or not. If she wasn't then he might've just accidentally spilled some things he wasn't supposed to.

'Every peculiar knows what a loop is, how come she doesn't?'

"You don't know what a loop is?"

Damin shook her head. She knew what loop meant but she doubted it was the one Jisung was talking about. The school bell rang signaling that the first class was now over.

"Meet me at the school field after school. And don't tell anybody else." As much as he wanted to ask her more questions, he was late for class and so was she. He gave her one last look and turned around to leave.

"Wait! How can I trust you?" She asked. The thing she'd been meaning to say was 'please don't tell anyone' instead, but her mouth had a mind of its own.

Jisung brought his hand up to the wall and Damin felt a cold breeze hit her. When Jisung removed his hand from the wall, there were snowflakes and icicles just where his hand was a moment ago.

Damin softly gasped as she touched it. He iced the walls. How did he do that? She had so many questions running through her mind. Then a thought hit her. There was only one way he could've done this and that was if they were the same.

"I'm just like you." He softly smiled.

now this is where the real story starts