"It's the truth."

"So? Three years and what's changed?

"Everything," he said.

"Or nothing."

"I've learnt my lesson, Harper."

"And what was that?"

"Stuff."

I laughed, "Stuff?"

"Yeah, I'll show you if you promise to stick around?"

I arched an eyebrow, "Why should I trust you?"

"Because I happen to know the best coffee houses in the city," he said.

Well, in that case... "I might just take you up on that."

"Promise me you'll stick around?"

"Promise you won't be stupid?"

He chuckled under his breath, "I promise."

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep." It was a half joke. I felt bad for taking a jab at his heartless tendencies. But maybe underneath all that emotionless persona, there was a little bit of remorse and hopefully, his love for me.

"I'm better now," he said.

"Actions speak louder than words." I quoted.

"Then let me show you."

"Okay." I found myself saying. I think I could trust him. I was curious as to what coffee house he spoke of and if it was truly as good.

I found myself leaning into his embrace and it was strange to me. It hasn't even been a month and I was already comfortable.

And if there was anything he had shown me in the past is to not get too comfortable.

Things could change and everything could send me spiraling back to the past. Where I did not want to be.

In comfortable silence, we crossed the street and I could've sworn my heart was about to burst out of both nervousness and happiness.

Being around him had that effect. I was happy without him but happier when he was around.

The store was up ahead and I felt excitement fill my chest.

I pulled away from him, which earned a frown from his part but quickly placed my hand in his. He immediately relaxed. I dragged him inside and took in his reaction as he looked around. "What is this place?"

"Heaven." I replied, reaching for a cat plushie that was on display and held it up to him, "Isn't it cute?"

"No."

I laughed and put it back. Leading him further into the store, I let my eyes wander the oddly adorable selection of cat plushies.

Then I stopped as I felt like I was betraying Jelly. I went over to the 'Totoro' plushies and held up a medium sized one.

"I need this," I mumbled.

He took it out of my hands and looked at it. His expression was unreadable but I knew he thought it was cute.

"It's yours."

I grinned, "I'm paying and it's for you." Think of it like a welcome back into my life gift. He didn't look amused.

"Fine."

"You can admit it's the most adorable thing in the world, I won't tell anyone."

"You tell anyone, I'll kill you," he said coldly, going along with my joke smoothly.