5.

♤♡♧

♤♡♧

Ketterdam; the capital of Kerch, the city is a bustling hub for international trade and home to multiple criminal organizations including her. It was her home and Delaney never in her entire life thought to leave Ketterdam, her home.

Never. Yet.

It was the only city where she would go out in the middle of the night to take a fresh air due to her sleep disorder and feel safe and comfortable, especially when every citizen cleared the path whenever they see her, sure, it was full of bastards hoping to get her attention and men trying to find a corner to gamble, it was her home.

I mean, what do you expect?

She was top one most feared woman in the city and when she wants the street to be quiet—it will happen without question.

◇♧♤

Delaney had to apologize for touching Kaz Brekker somehow, she could sense how panicked he was earlier, she felt a little bad not a lot to the point where she would cry like some baby and give her soul to him

A simple sorry would do.

Delaney wasn't a bitch, she will not apologize like some crazy woman because of his trauma, she also had plenty of traumatic experience but he never apologized, a) for being an asshole to her.

B) for calling her witch

C) Including her in this job in which she is starting to slowly regret

Alexei kept staring at her as he spoke, she wondered, if this job is a million kruge, how much will Kaz give her? They needed  to have a discussion later and have a deal about the whole money situation.

"You won't going to believe me but..." said the blonde boy still not breaking eye contact with Delaneh who gestured for him to continue his words with a simple nod, "It was a sun summoner" Delaney for a second thought her life flashed before her eyes as she stared at the boy with wide eyes, her breath hitched as she could hear Inej gasping beside her as she grabbed her friend arm with the same shocked look, Delaney didn't even notice her movement as she sat in front of Alexei again.

"Are you sure?" She asked while peering behind, catching Kaz eyes immediately and Inej who clenched her hand to her chest, there is no way she also believes in sun summoner right? Dreesen crouched on her right in front of Alexei who clenched the heart render hand in fear, "who was it?" "If I tell you, you'll set me free?" Alexei shakily spoke while finally having the courage to look at Dreesen, "You have my word. I'll set you free"

Oh wait what's that smell? Right, bullshit.

"You're in Ketterdam now, Alexi. You can go anywhere in the world from here" Delaney wanted to give him a smug grin and slap that smile out of his face but kept her temper down, 'I call bullshit' she thought while rolling her eyes watching as the heart render also nodded, the black haired girl staring at her in disbelieve with her nose scrunched.

'Why do people say and agree with bullshit?' She thought to herself while still looking at the heart render suspiciously before shaking her head, "come on" Dreesen said encouraging the boy to speak and say the name of he sun summoner, "Her name is..."

Calm down Delaney

"Alina Starkov" Alexei finally managed to say while gulping, 'Who the fuck is Alina Starkov?' Narrowing her eyebrows in confusion the girl blinked, 5 times, before glancing at Inej who was looking between her and Kaz. "Alina Starkov? Good boy." Looking at him in disgust at the sudden pet name Dreesen just called him before watching him get up.

"Show me the manifest." Dreesen spoke while making his way past them, grabbing some sort of book as he started reading, probably a list of names as he let out a proud laugh, "perfect" looking at Alexei with a smug grin Delaney watched the scene happening between the two before pulling her hand away from the boy grip, "you'll set me free now?" "Thank you. Of course" a gun shot echoed around the room as blood splattered on Delaney's beautiful face like a paint as she watched the now dead boy in front of her, Milana a screaming mess, Inej flinching, Jesper turning away and her staring at the now dead boy without a flinch as she got up, watching as blood surrounded the now dead Alexei's head.

Both Kaz and Delaney didn't flinch knowing it will happen. Besides it wasn't their first time seeing someone die in front of their eyes —it became a routine.

"We are now the only people west of the Fold with this information, my ship sails for West Ravka at dawn. If you can prove that you have a way through the Fold and back, I'll put you on that ship with an advance." Oh she was going to kill Kaz Brekker for sure, shooting the bastard of the barrel a death glare, already planning how too.

"If you don't, I'm giving this job to Pekka Rollins" yup, she is going to kill him, how? With his own fucking cane.  Kaz's face was full of anger at the sound of Pekka Rollins name and there is no way this job will be his, "give me a day. I'll have a plan" he said coldly making Dreesen turn in his heels, "you have until sunrise, then your ship will have sailed, Mr. Brekker" she knew he didn't have plan, especially with that look.

'Mr. Brekker my ass, why can't everyone just call him bastard, asshole or dirtyhands' she thought while scoffing slightly, being polite to him wasn't something she'll do. He didn't deserve to be called Mr. Brekker, it's either asshole, bastard or dirtyhands to her. And it should be to everyone.

"The prize is one million kruge, now bring me Alina Starkov." Of course he got to remind them of the money+ bringing him the sun summoner, with that he walked away followed by his gang, the 4 of them slowly turning their heads back to Alexei.

"Are we going to kidnap a sun beam? yup" she said while popping the 'p'at the end of her sentence, Jesper nodding in agreement at her words before saying "Isn't this our job?"

"Sadly, it is."