Chapter Three

*Your P.O.V.*

                The day went by pretty fast.  I had English with Stan and his girlfriend, Wendy.  We were finally formally introduced.  She was a lot nicer than expected.  Clyde was also in that class.  He was being super friendly, not that I minded, he was really cute. 

                Lunch came around, and Clyde wanted me to sit with him.  I told him that I was probably going to sit with the girls since Wendy had already invited me.  I was really glad I sat there because most of those girls were on the volleyball team.  I got along with them quite well.  There wasn’t very many on the team so I probably already had a spot on varsity.  The best part was, that the girl I hit it off with the most was Bebe, the setter.

                The rest of the day went extremely fast.  Bebe was in the rest of my classes so we just hung out.  Soon enough, practice came around.  I got to meet the coach in person, finally, and practice went extremely well.  Since I had missed the first part of their season, the coach did ask me to stay a little later than the other girls for a couple of weeks just to work on some fundamental stuff.  I totally agreed with that.

                Once I got done with my fundamental, it was already an hour later than regular practice.  I had to walk home in the dark.  Mom and Dad had both had to work late so there was no chance of a ride.  The thing that sucked the most was that I hated the dark.  It freaked me out, and I was in a not so familiar place.  The only way I knew how to get home was from Main Street.  So, I spent most of my time wondering around to find Main Street. 

                When I finally made it there, I got an uncomfortable feeling.  The street was empty, except for the cars of the people who were in the bar, but those people were in the buildings.  I pushed my uneasy thoughts to the back of my mind and pushed forward.  I should’ve trusted my feeling because before I knew what was going on, I bumped into someone, knocking me over.

                I looked up and saw a teen boy.  He looked older, must have been a senor.  He was in a jacket that said ‘Cows Football’.   He was tan and blonde.  I think he was probably one of the best looking boys at school that he had seen all day, but he did reek of liquor.

                “I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going,” I said gathering everything I had dropped.

                “Good girls should know there place,” he growled narrowing his eyes at me.

                I gave him a confused look, “excuse me-“

                Before I knew it, the male had grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the dark alley.  I was ready to scream, but he covered my mouth with his large hand.  He started to grope me as I tried to push him off.  No matter my struggles, I couldn’t get him to budge.  I started to freak out as tears streamed down my face.  All I could do was pray for someone to hear my muffled screams.

                Just as I was ready to except my fate, the male who was hovering over me was shoved to the ground.  I felt a wall of relief come over me as I turned to see who my hero was.  I was, in fact, the blue eyed boy from class, Craig.